Hi, I'm getting a Verizon Blackberry 8703e soon. I'm using a Treo 700w and I'm ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

newbie questions??

Advertisement

Hi, I'm getting a Verizon Blackberry 8703e soon. I'm using a Treo 700w and I'm pretty fed up with it. Can the Blackberry 8703e grab my Exchange emails? I've been using Snappermail on my Treo 700w to grab my Exchange emails. Second, can the Blackberry desktop grab all my contacts on my Exchange or Outlook? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: newbie questions??

Hey fondoo, Yes the BB can grab your exchange emails and can sync with your contacts too. You will use the Desktop Manager to do this. get it here

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._released.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_guide.html
    Michael

DiGiacomo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just picked up my 8703e yesterday from verizon and let me tell you you're going to love it. For me it was a little hard to get used to it, but this is ak awesome device. The internet is lightning quick and is head and shoulders above the treo700. My dad has the same PDA as you and loves my BB. I'm posting from my 8703e right now actually...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by fondoo
    Can the Blackberry 8703e grab my Exchange emails?
    Yes but just to clarify the BES and/or BIS server actually pushed email to the BB. The BB isn't like other pull devices in that there isn't a mail client on the BB that retrieves email. The server pushes mail as it arrives.

DiGiacomo no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com). Is
    there any way to force the 8300 to sync with the email? Say I want to check my mail but it hasn't been syncronized for a couple minutes...is there anyway to MAKE the BB check the email because it isn't constantly syncing?