I got a 8700c for my job and I want to get a case to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

maflynn no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie question regarding vaja cases

Advertisement

I got a 8700c for my job and I want to get a case to protect this little baby.

I just picked up a boxwave screen protector and I'm a little disapointed in the fit of it. I've used them before and they're generally been pretty good but this time I'm a little disapointed.

Anyways I've purchased vaja cases before for my other pdas but I wanted hear any feedback regarding their Balance case. I have a couple of questins

1. The plastic window that covers the screen. Looks like it may scratch easily - is that case (no pun intended)?

1a. How readable is the BB using the Balance case and the clear window - glare?

2. Buttons: Since there is no cutouts for the buttons is it a hassle?

3. Form fitting: After reading various reviews of the R1052, it appears that the bottom of that case is not as form fitting as I would prefer it. Does the Balance case have this issue also? My point here is I'm dropping over 60bucks I want it to fit perfectly.

4. I've bought cases with the ultra clip but now I see have some sort of rivet clip system. Can anyone expound upon the advantages of this over the ultra clip?

Thanks in advance
    Mike

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Newbie question regarding vaja cases

maflynn, Welcome to PinStack.

I used the 1052 for a while and it fit extremely well. I didn't like the fact that it was a case and not a holster, and didnt have the holster mode, so moved on. I don't know anything about the Balance so can't really help.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the info. I hate the clip that came with my BB. It can be difficult to remove it at times

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Hello Mike and Welcome to the Stacks.

I have had the Vaja Balance case for my 8700g for about 5 months now and I absolutely love it. While I have had a few scratches on the plastic window, you only really see then under certain lighting conditions (I rarely notice them). Also, glare is not at all an issue under the window. You hardly notice it is there.

The buttons couldn't be easier. No hassle at all.

For the side buttons, they will be difficult to press for the first week or so until the leather case loosens up a little bit after conforming to your BB. Not at all a problem after a week. Well worth the wait.

I believe that the bottom of the case is a very nice, tight fit.

I'm not sure what the ultra clip is. Mine has the rivet clip and I love it because it is built in to the case and only sticks out a little bit.

I also want to add that I accidently dropped my BB while running and it skidded along the asphalt. To my amazement when I picked it up, no scratches. The case protected it very very well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply,

Yes your post certainly helped alot. While it is more money then most other cases, I think its a top notch case.

Thanks for answering about the bottom portion, that was a concern of mine.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Any time.

And I agree, they are definitely worth the money!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I now am using the same case Rcb mentioned, and it is wonderful. The screen plastic does scratch easily if you ask me.