Searched forum with no success. Just switched over 8700c from Treo 650 after five years ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tfa675 no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie Queries - Inbox and Browsers

Advertisement

Searched forum with no success. Just switched over 8700c from Treo 650 after five years on Palm OS phones. I have a couple of queries:

1) I would like my defualt view of messages to just show my work email Inbox. I can not stand all of the phone call logs and my personal email showing up in one view. Switching to the inbox takes three clickes of the thumbwheel. Alternatively, can I set a hot key to the inbox?

2) Why are there three browsers loaded? If no "good" reason, how do I remove all but one or move to a newly created folder to "hide". Too much screen clutter.

So far so good on the move.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Newbie Queries - Inbox and Browsers

Here you go, an explaination and solution. All messages, SMS and Mail for all accounts go into the Message App List, This is not your Inbox. The List that you get when you click on the personal email account Icon is just this list, with a preset filter, set for you personal account. You can create a filter from the Messages App Menu Search Function. Leave everything the default settings except Service and set that to the service for your work email. Then when you save assign a Name and a short cut key. Then when you go into the message app, use that shortcut to limit you list to your work email.

You can remove the Phone Call Logs by going to the Phone App Menu, select Options, then Call Logging and set it to None or Missed Calls, which ever you want.

As to the Browser you have a WAP browser (Usually called by your service provider name), the Internet Browser and a BlackBerry Browser if you are on BES. The WAP Browser is necessary to visit WAP Sites, the Internet Browser is used to go to regular Internet Sites and the BB Browser uses the MDS on you BES and is used for your Company Intranet. If you don't want all of them on your screen, select the one you want to hide, ALT+Click TRackwheel and select Hide Application. When you need to see them again, repeat the ALT+Click and select Show All.

Hope this Helps.
    Rcbjr.

Thanks! Follow up question on call log. If I turn it off as described, am I able to see log somewhere other than 'Message'?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

When you go into make a call the app is called call log and you can have it set to show you the log of incomming and outgoing calls right there.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks! I also found some preset filters for phone log, sent mail, etc. Neat.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

And you can always find all of them in the View Folders menu feature.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr