Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello fellow BB owners, I just wanted to say hi. Of course I have a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

will2k no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie needs help,

Advertisement

Hello fellow BB owners, I just wanted to say hi.

Of course I have a question otherwise I prob wouldnt have looked up a BB forum about this. Recently I use to own a cingular 8125 dropped it in a cup of coffee and broke the thing, didnt pay for insurance because I thougth I would never break the thing, LOL. anyways I have been using my old trustee phone an LG. I was looking for a phone and decided to get a BB, So I found a good deal on what do ya know craigslist. I thought I would give it a shot. Right now I am stuck in a dilemna with a password locked phone, it is not a stolen phone because he showed me his california license and it matches the bb, but he forgot his password. When I power it on and off a verifying securty sofftware loads up!!, He did not give me anything else except the phone/ charger. . I dont want to regret getting a BB but I kinda feel like I should have just gone to cingular and payed for a new one.any help is much appreciated

1. I need to reset password
    2. I need to wipe out everything
    3. set up email

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Newbie needs help,

Quote Originally Posted by will2k
    Recently I use to own a cingular 8125 dropped it in a cup of coffee and broke the thing, didnt pay for insurance because I thougth I would never break the thing, LOL.
    Wouldn't have done any good anyway as Cingular won't cover smartphones and PDA's.

1 and 2 will be resolved when you incorrectly enter the password 10 times. For 3 you need a Blackberry data plan. Then you can go to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular to set up email or use the Set Up Personal Email icon on the BB itself if it's there.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Will2k. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

tcv
    tcv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32b86b00

Welcome aboard. N00b here too...

So your telling me that once I put in the password 10 times, there will be no password. What kind of password systems is that, LOL!! its to good to be true!!

Is there anything else that I would need (compute cable, etc.. head set)?

Thanks in advance

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Yes it comes in handy. I had to replace a BB recently because of a bad trackwheel. I incorrectly entered a password (using the keypad cause the trackwheel was useless) 10 times and it wiped the device so I could send it back. You can also wipe the device if you load some software and it's either incompatible with your BB. Then reinstall the device OS and any applications you had on it.

You will need to get a USB cord (if it didn't come with the phone) to connect it to the PC. You can use a BlueTooth Headset to use the phone.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-28-2007 at 06:18 PM.

tcv
    tcv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32b86b00

Quote Originally Posted by will2k
    So your telling me that once I put in the password 10 times, there will be no password. What kind of password systems is that, LOL!! its to good to be true!!
    Well, if I'm reading things right here, you enter the password incorrectly 10 times and it WIPES the device. That's pretty darn good security, in my opinion. If I lost my device, I would rather that someone couldn't get my data rather than be able to try a password 100s and 1000s of times.

m

Hello guys & gals,

Now that I have reset the password, and everything erased! Do I just go ahead and use my SIM card from my other phone? also Do I need to check for anything that may hinder me from using this phone? what do I need to do with cingular about this phone? thanks in advance

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Correct -- you can just use the SIM card from your other phone. You'll need to go to the URL I provided to create BIS account. If you get an error that it's already associated with another BIS account then you'll need to see about getting the old account removed. Hopefully that's not the case as it's extremely difficult when the old BIS account isn't yours...

Oh, and you'll want a Blackberry data plan from Cingular before you do any of that.

I wonder if the phone is not stolen, I mean what if the guy that I bought it from on ebay just did the 10 wrong passwords and then put his name on the phone like that same thing i just did. Becuase thats all I checked was his name was exact on his Drivers license. This is what i get for being a cheap skate, LOL.

I tried getting an BIS account and received an error!. this sucks

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

will2k - what kind of error are you getting?

is it saying that the pin is already being used?

It is saying that I get a validation error!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

so you can successfully set up the BIS account but when you try to add the PIN or when you try to add an email?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast