Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I dont see why you couldnt buy the BlackBerry at full cost without a contract. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Newbie: and have a 8700C Question

Advertisement

I dont see why you couldnt buy the BlackBerry at full cost without a contract.

If a customer walks into my store and says I want to buy a phone without a contract, just give me the phone at full price, I can sell it to them (granted Im with Sprint-Nextel).

I really dont see a difference. I know there is no commission involved when a company sells a phone outright, so if they only have one or two, they may not sell you one because those could easily go to contracted paying customers.

Just try and let us know how it goes.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yea, I did that when I bought my razor. They didn't give me any problems.... I might call and see if they had the phone you want in stock before you made the trip. Which one are you thinking of buying?

702 no está en línea Stack level 1

I currently have a razr, but I'm going to buy a BB 8700C. Would it be easy for me to get it unlocked?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

If you buy directly from the store, get the unlock process rolling while you are at the store...Don't buy the phone and then try and wait till you get home to start the unlock process. The chances of you getting a headache on your hands and Customer Service arguing with you and not wanting to give you an unlock code are too great.

What do you think I should say to the store? That it's for my father for his birthday. He goes on many out of state bussiness trips so can I have this unlocked so he can use the local sim cards there? I also saw somewhere on these forums somewhere that someone was able to fax their proof of purchase w.o a contract and was able to get their code unlocked through their imei is this true?

PIN/ID
    ask
    708 you can just tell them that you travel over seas several times a year so you need it unlocked please..... Keep the story simple. Lolol

PIN/ID
    ask
    Ha ha I changed your screen name... Sorry. It's 702. I am horrible remembering names... Or numbers I guess too huh? Lol

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Can I ask a simple question? you're on TMO, they have an 8700 series phone, why not just buy one from them? That way you save the hassle of trying to get an unlock code from Cingular, or paying one of the unlock services to do it. I assume you're not eligble for an upgrade, but if you are, you'll be saving money.

Just Curious.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Well I'm not eligble for an upgrade. I also just prefer the color of the 8700C I know very stupid reason . LOL. I tend to be very picky with phones.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

No Problem, I was just curious. Not really a stupid reason, I've heard of others that did it for the same reason. Anyway, go ahead and visit a store and just ask. No need to give a reason. And all they can do is say no. Nothing lost there.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Jobsdone no está en línea Stack level 2

Welcome to pinstack, 702. As you see there's no end to great help in this Forum. Glad you didn't ask, "who's on first?".
    Cordially,

Jobsdone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12