I cant seem to figure this one out. It may be the most simple thing ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

montrey no está en línea Stack level 1

New Email vs New Voice Mail

Advertisement

I cant seem to figure this one out. It may be the most simple thing but i cant figure it out. When i receive an email i have "You've Got Mail"(The aol sound). But it also plays this sound for when i get Voicemail and i dont see a seperate option for voice mail but i want the sounds to be different. Where do i look?

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: New Email vs New Voice Mail

The reason is that emails, sms, missed calls etc. are all counted as "messages" and thus will have the same notification set under your profile settings. You can seperate sms and messages on certain themes (Dimension Zen) and this would do the trick for you as a voice mail is an sms and would be able to be assigned a different notification under profiles. Hope this helps a little. There are some additional answers to this question but I'm running out of time to discuss them. Someone will be along w/ additional assistance I'm sure. Welcome to Pinstack!
    PIN - 24053627

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

SMS should have a separate notification setting from Messages regardless of your theme. You theme does not change to Profiles in any way.

If you get voicemail notifications via SMS there's no way to separate them from SMS as far as the alerts are concerned. You will always have the same alert for voicemail notifications (which are SMS in your case) and SMS. Many carriers actually support the MWI (the voicemail indicator at the top of the home screen) properly so those of us in that situation don't even get a message like you do.

IODebbie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BBCB3E

If you purchase and install Blackberry Alerts (you can buy it off of Handango), you can change the color of the flashing LED and it can be different for voice mail, SMS, missed calls, e-mails and PINs. It's pretty cool.