Hi guys, I'm a little frustrated just trying to find a basic chart for the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

silentbanshe no está en línea Stack level 1

Question New Blackberry, red led blinking, not turning on

Advertisement

Hi guys,

I'm a little frustrated just trying to find a basic chart for the blinking light.

I just brought my 8703e home from the sprint store, plugged it in and now it will just blink red 4 times in a row. Won't turn on, been charging for a couple hours now.

Should I be concerned? Seems like some people had their berries up and running within a half hour.

Thanks for any replies,
    SilentBanshee

EDIT: it also seems strange that after a couple hours the battery is still very cool to the touch.
    Last edited by silentbanshe; 11-25-2006 at 02:48 AM.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4
    Unplug it, remove the battery. Leave it unplugged, and reconnect the battery. From here it should take about 30-60 seconds to come on, i.e. show the service providers screen, and then the main 'desktop'...

Keep us posted...

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    The battery removal option works everytime! If that doesn't work...a trip back tp your retailer seems in order!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    silentbanshe, Welcome to PinStack.

Did the above advice get you up and running? Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by navilyn
    Unplug it, remove the battery. Leave it unplugged, and reconnect the battery. From here it should take about 30-60 seconds to come on, i.e. show the service providers screen, and then the main 'desktop'...

Keep us posted...
    Thanks for the reply, I did various forms of removing battery and unplugging the blackberry . . . and I tried your above suggestion again this morning (after it has been plugged in for 10+ hours) and still nothing.

So I'm taking it back to the store today and assuming I have a dud battery (since I think they had to use a different battery to set my phone number to the berry). One guy in the store even commented that it was strange that it was blinking like that and not turning on. But they sent me on my way anyhow.

I'll update this thread later today once I've returned unless anyone else has any suggestion .

Thanks again for your input!

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Please do. I can't imagine a sales rep or even a tech letting you leave the store like that. But I guess a sale is a sale to them.

finally

I took it back to the store and it seems like there were multiple problems with my setup yesterday, many of them due to the incompetence of the person handling the sale.

He never got the thing on, it was a dud device not a bad battery. Luckily I got another person to work with me and he got everything set up and fix the mistakes of the last guy.

My berry is up and I'm just scratching my head at the absence of any browser icon. Must play with this a bit longer to get the email setup but I have a feeling that the connection at 1x is keeping me from doing anything more.

so much to learn.

Thanks again for your guys' help, I'll be browsing around for answers to a whole new set of questions!

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    Hi silentbanshee (love the handle BTW). If you are still without browser icons, go to

OPTIONS->ADVANCED OPTIONS->-SERVICE BOOK

there should be approx 15 entries, each preceded by a tick. Then come out of Service book and go to

HOST ROUTING TABLE->REGISTER NOW

Within 15 minutes you should get an email welcoming you to the network. Failing that, and/or if you have no service book entries, go to the website where you set up your account. Click on profiles (I think) and send your service books and browser. If that doesn't work, call your provider. They will ask if you have done all these things before they proceed. GOOD LUCK