I just received the new Blackberry lambskin leather swivel holster. Looks great, but causes my ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

dclark18 no está en línea Stack level 1

New BB leather holster causing 8700 to self-dial

Advertisement

I just received the new Blackberry lambskin leather swivel holster. Looks great, but causes my 8700c to self-dial when the device is removed from the holster. It does this even if the device is locked prior to inserting. Phone is set to not dial out when locked. The plastic holster that came with the device does not cause this to happen.

My first real BB problem after several years. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    You could always try and turn off dialing from the homescreen.

I do that so that I don't accidently stick it in my pocket, then hit a bunch of random numbers and then hit talk. Just my luck, I would wind up on a 4 hour call to Taiwan or something and get a $4598.21 phone bill.

senna174 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had a USD$12K phone bill from T-Mobile once when I was working in Saudi Arabia launching a second GSM/3G operator. They suspended my line and 611 didn't help. I asked my girlfriend then to pay it off and she said that was the deposit on my commitment to marry her.....and I got married after coming back. Just a side story....

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    You could always try and turn off dialing from the homescreen.

I do that so that I don't accidently stick it in my pocket, then hit a bunch of random numbers and then hit talk. Just my luck, I would wind up on a 4 hour call to Taiwan or something and get a $4598.21 phone bill.

I have already done this with no success. My current settings are:
    - no dialing from homescreen,
    - lock when holstering, and
    - password enabled.

seems to me that the device should not be able to dial when removed from the holster without me unlocking by entering my password???

Also, the number that is self-dialed is always the most current phone number in the call log.

Could it have something to do with the "proximity sensing technology" that BB advertises as a feature of this holster? Following is the link to the holster I am refering to.

http://www.shopblackberry.com/_black...CG245XR223WRJ8

tmag2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    250d3c8f
    @ N8 - Thats a random number to pick buddy...I reckon you been calling some wierdo....

@ Senna - Hope you still with your other half....

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: New BB leather holster causing 8700 to self-dial

dclark18, Welcome to PinStack.

No, it's not the proximity sensor, it probably has to do with the holster pressing the Green Phone button as you pull it out, but that should require two presses. I had that problem with the center convience Key opening my browser. If I pull it straight up and out, it doesn't do it.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Re: New BB leather holster causing 8700 to self-dial

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    dclark18, Welcome to PinStack.

No, it's not the proximity sensor, it probably has to do with the holster pressing the Green Phone button as you pull it out, but that should require two presses. I had that problem with the center convience Key opening my browser. If I pull it straight up and out, it doesn't do it.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    Rcbjr: Thanks for the welcome. I've enjoyed exploring PinStack since discovering it. Regarding my BB problem, I don't beleive that it is a result of any button being hit. Since the phone is locked, when any button is hit I should be prompted to enter my password. The problem is definitely related to this new holster though.

Thanks for any help you or others can provide.