Hello to everyone on the forum, I recentely have obtained a second hand Blackberry 8700c ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

motoangel no está en línea Stack level 1

New 8700c user

Advertisement

Hello to everyone on the forum, I recentely have obtained a second hand Blackberry 8700c and i really like the quality and feel of the phone i have been a long time Motorola user and modder and i also have a treo 650, anyway i am using the BB on AT&T i have done some reading before posting about the problem i have, The problem is i have no internet browser i have upgraded the BB to 4.2 after obtaining it i didnt notice if it had the browser on the 4.1 s/w but i have tried registering on the network, pulling the battery and reinstalling the os my question is can i use my regular data plan on the BB or does it have to be an exclusive plan for BB so i can get the browser, i also turned off the data services option in the mobile network under options to get rid of the refused connection message on the home screen i can send an recieve text messages ok and messaging is part of my regular dataplan as is also 5mb of internet use, if anyone can clear this up for me or point me in the right direction it will be much appreciated.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: New 8700c user

You need to go BIS website and send the service books, if you have not registered the device on the bis network, you will need to do so. If you have trouble registering the device the old user may need to request that att release the pin.
    http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

I have tried this but i get a message that an account already exists for this account i will call up the user so he calls AT&T to get the pin released, another question i have is, will their be an extra charge on my monthly bill for registering on the BIS service, and also i have read somewhere that on second hand devices i may start recieving emails from the old account is this true?

If the pin is released, you shouldn't receive the emails. The emails that come to the phone are based on your BIS account, but once you get it set up you simply go to the service books in the menu and clear any email address that do not belong to you
    If you have the proper data plans there should not be any extra charge for the BIS service. The

Thanks for your info icancn2u i will be checking the BB data plans as soon as i get the pin released because the data plan i have is the regular medianet plan for sms and 5mb of internet and i from what ive rbeen reading i have to have a plan dedicated for the BB.

If you use a bb a lot, 5mb is not very much. you definitely want one of the bb data plans.

tludikar no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a 4mb BB data plan... Works perfect for email or WAP browsing... I wouldn't suggest anymore.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

You need the BB dataplan for Internet and email capability and for the BB Browser to show up.