Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 Thanks for keeping this thread going. . Haha....yeah, even though we ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: 8700 Problems And Questions-POST HERE!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Thanks for keeping this thread going. .
    Haha....yeah, even though we got it a little off topic. As far as the plantronics, the sound is pretty clear. Sometimes I can't even tell if I am still connected and say "Hello?" just to hear the other person say "yeah?". I have been told that it sounds a ton better than the previous stock headset I used and without using a headset.

afig0101 no está en línea Stack level 2

How do you get the smileys? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The smileys only work with bbmessenger that I know of. when you are in that app, double click your symbol key. It should pull your smileys up. Then just choose the letter you want.

afig0101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for your response. I do not use bbmessenger since apparently Cingular does not support it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well from what I've read here. They say they don't but it does work. Go ahead and give it a try. Or do a search and you will see that there are others here with cungular that have it installed.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Does anyone know why my text messages suddenly just became all jibberish? It only happens when sending to upoc.

TW9ybmluIGFsbC4NClNlbnQgZnJvbSBteSBCbGFja0JlcnJ5ri B3aXJlbGVzcyBoYW5kaGVsZCAg

That is supposed to say "mornin all"

Now if I respond to someones message, it sends fine. If I try to post to PSOU@upoc.com
    It comes out wll garbeled. Any ideas?

I've done a hard reboot. No errors in my logs. So im at a loss.

Ook
    Ook no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: 8700 Problems And Questions-POST HERE!

I just received my 8707v (looks/works great!) but I have a question about the (included) headset. It's just a plain wired one (no Bluetooth) but whenever I connect it, I can't hear the device itself ring anymore because all the sounds are only audible through the earpiece. From what I recall, the other/older models would also make the device itself ring, but now it seems that only the headset produces sound.

I was wondering whether I can also set it to 'ring on both headset and handset' or something because I don't have that thing in my ear all day (only when I receive a call, which I currently don't notice ) Anyone have any ideas on this?? Thanks in advance!

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Hmmm ook...Dunno...I know my 8700 the device itself rings...if I have my bluetooth connected, then it rings in my ear and the device itself...I have never changed any settings, so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it...
    If you have a digi-cam, how about posting pics of your new toy! Don't think I have seen any pics of the 8707 except for the file photos.

Ook

Thanks for the quick response - I also have a UK 8700 (Vodafone) here and I've just tried it on that device but it only makes it ring on the device itself, and not through the headset. Strange indeed?! I'll have another look through the 8707 options, maybe I didn't look properly (just received it yesterday).

PS: I'll post some pics very shortly!

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by Ook
    - I also have a UK 8700 (Vodafone)
    ooohhh...an 8700 too eh? If its not too much to ask, what would be the chances of side by side pics?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by johnj41
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Does anyone know why my text messages suddenly just became all jibberish? It only happens when sending to upoc.
    I dunno...last night all my texts through UPOC were going through backwards?

Ook

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    ooohhh...an 8700 too eh? If its not too much to ask, what would be the chances of side by side pics?
    Indeed - got to admit that I work in IT so I 'unfortunately' have to test and get to know the models that are on sale atm

I was just trying to get some shots but my cam's battery went dead on the first one. It's charging now so I hope to have more/better pics tomorrow. Here's the one that worked (clickable):

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

:rool::

Here's a question, does the red circular thingie light up? Or is it just a design?

Ook

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    :rool::

Here's a question, does the red circular thingie light up? Or is it just a design?
    It's actually a very small Vodafone logo and doesn't light up or such. Cool thing is that it kind of sticks out (like a tiny ball) which prevents the screen from scratching if you put it on your desk face down. There are also 2 'ribbons' on the side of the screen (of the 8707) that have the same purpose (impossible to see on pic though). The 8700 edges also have this function, but it doesn't have something clearly sticking out at the top of the screen.

PS: I just tried with a different 8707 and that does ring from the handset and not from the headset! Strange issue - I'll try to see if there's any difference in the options because my colleague also tried the 'non ringing one' before me (whilst the other one was new) so maybe he's fooled around with the settings or such?! I'll dig into this - now I definitely want to know

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Sweet! I like the finish on them as well. Gonna be buying a new Blackberry. I see it already.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast