Page 1 of 20 123456 ... LastLast

Rather than hijacking the other thread, I just decided to start a new one for ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Lightbulb New 8700 users Questions w/ answers list

Advertisement

Rather than hijacking the other thread, I just decided to start a new one for those of you who got the 8700 today and are having questions or problems with it or for those of you who want to know things about the 8700, so lets post questions and responses here!

I'll go first...How do I assign the browser to the front convience key?

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: 8700 Problems And Questions-POST HERE!

Click options, then Screen/keyboard. Way at the bottom, there are options for both convience keys

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I did that, but it wasn't there. However, I realized I hadn't set up my browser configs yet, so I did that and they all showed up. Everything is going okay except now I can't get any net access...It just keeps requesting...Just wondering if its taking a little longer to activate than my 7105 did.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Going to take a little used to the smaller keys..hehehe

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~its definitely different. And I forgot that it took me almost 2 hrs for my browser to be fully functional.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Hmm...ok, I still can't get my browser to work. I am sure that I did it right though...I went through and sent the registration notice and it registered it with the network...Did I forget to do something here?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Ok...that might be it then...apparently text messages are going thru...maybe...I dunno...haven't had anyone respond yet.

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

text me and i will respond, if you need someone to test...

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well, texts are going through...That part is working fine. Internet still not there though. But ready for it to pop up any minute! I need to get BB messenger back! And my ringer from 24!!!

I feel unloved without my Berry buzzing and ringing from all the messages I get!!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Did u resend your service books?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

2 hour review of 8700

Ok, have had it for almost 2 hours now...Just a few things I have found/decided:

First and foremost, the case you get from RIM blows. Its plastic, which doesn't make it too bad, but it seems as if the 8700 doesn't fit in their correctly. Anyone else with this problem or just me? When I put it in the case and go to press down, the Q,A,ALT buttons are being pressed by the front of the case, asking me if I want to put a number into those speed dials. It also doesn't feel as if it fits flush into the case, which has me leary about leaning over with it attatched to my belt clip. Why couldn't they just have made a case like they did for the 7105? Not to mention that it sucks taking the holster off of my belt because of the little loop at the bottom getting caught on my belt. It is also hard for it to get down far enough into the case to go into sleep mode. My recommendation: The 7105 type case is a much better and secure case. I hope I win one of the prizes on the newest contest just so I can buy a new, secure case for this thing!

The keys will take a little getting used to. Just like when I switched to a BB from a regular cell, it will get better as time goes on. Honestly, I wouldn't even have minded them making it a little bit bigger just so that there would have been a little more room for the keys. Or, have the keys actually have been touching each other like on the 7105's. Might make it a little easier to type.

The Auto Dimming and brightning is pretty cool, although it does take it a few seconds to fully adjust when coming out of sleep. No biggie there though.

The volume on this thing seems to be TONS better than the 8700. My boss called me earlier and it scared the bejesus out of me.

I have noticed that on my 7105 when my bluetooth was connected, the light would flash blue, however it doesn't seem to be doing that though with the 8700. However, I may just need to reset the connection and it will work, but again, this is just a preliminary review.

I like the idea of having 2 conveinence keys. Really nice. Also really nice having a dedicated speakerphone and mute key. Thats one thing that I really wanted on my 7105, rather than having to find out the shortcuts or wait till a call connected to switch to speakerphone.

Now I can actually see where my microphone is!!!
    No more guessing like I was on my 7105! I still have yet to know EXACTLY where the microphone is on the 7105, but I am guessing it is somehow located behind the spacebar key.

The Intel chip makes a big difference as far as quickness for what I can tell. No more lag when you go to activate a theme.

It seems to boot up a little quicker than the 7105. Maybe my 7105 was possessed, but sometimes it seemed as if it took 3 minutes for the thing to boot up!

The signal meter is going to take a little getting used to. The battery meter as well.

The color screen is great I think. A lot more detailed and crisp.

I like having the Icon for turning blue tooth off. Maybe the 7105 had that also and I just never noticed it, but sometimes I found myself confused when I was making a call and I forgot my headset was in my pocket and I wasn't hearing anything when I held the phone up to my ear, but heard a faint "hello? hello? Who is this" which by the time I tracked to my pocket, had already ceased because the person got mad that noone was responding and had hung up on me. Then comes the embarrasment of having to call them back, and decide whether to tell them you are a dumbass, or your service sucks because it dropped the call.

The weight doesn't really bother me. Yeah, its heavier by a little bit, but so what? You get extra memory and a larger screen. Just something to deal with. I can see that it is going to be interesting though tonight when I leave work and start typing on this thing, because it does seem to be a little to big for comfort to use one handed while driving (Yeah, I BBWD, don't blast me. You know you want to too!)

I hate the carrier logo on the BB. I hate this on any phone that I have to be honest. I like the Blackberry logo, cause people are all like "OOOOHHHHH, a BLACKBERRY!". But I hate the fact that it has T-Mobile, or Cingular or Sprint on it. I don't want every Dick, Tom and Harry to know who my service is. Maybe I want to act like a government agent that night while I am out and use that as a pickup line at a bar. I don't want her knowing my service is with TMobile. I want her to guess. Maybe I could play it off and say that my service is provided by a special government contractor that only spies get to use, but NNOOOOO, the big *** TMOBILE sticks out like a sore thumb!

Ok...Thats all I can think of for now. Hopefully my net will be up here in a bit and I can post some comments on it!

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Did u resend your service books?
    You mean Options, Advanced, Host Routing table, Register now?
    That I have done 3 times so far, and get a message back confirming I am on the network.

Under "Cell broadcast", its off, but I think thats by default. I need to leave that on OFF right?

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

I have to agree with you on the holster... I hate it. it's a pieice of junk. I bought a new one from www.fortte.com The 8700 is awsome so far...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: 2 hour review of 8700

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    The volume on this thing seems to be TONS better than the 8700. My boss called me earlier and it scared the bejesus out of me.
    You mean this is better than the 7105t, correct? And try taking the battery out, waiting, and put it back in (if u haven't already done so). Yes, leave cell broadcasting OFF.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by taeisme
    I have to agree with you on the holster... I hate it. it's a pieice of junk. I bought a new one from www.fortte.com The 8700 is awsome so far...
    Yeah, I want to take it outside and hit it with a hammer and break it into a hundred little pieces, but then I'd have to carry it around in my pocket and then knowing my dumbass I would put my keys or change in there and scratch the screen. HOWEVER, on the flip side of that, for some reason I foresee this thing falling out of the case within a week if I don't get some type of fix for it.

Looks like they may have spent too much time worry about the R&D on the other things, and just threw the holster together at the last second. Very disappointed. Maybe we can complain enough and they will do a recall on the cases and make us all new ones!!! What do you think???

Page 1 of 20 123456 ... LastLast