I just updated my vzw bb 8703e to the newest os 4.2. I used the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jniowa no está en línea Stack level 2

new 4.2 os sms ?

Advertisement

I just updated my vzw bb 8703e to the newest os 4.2. I used the new option in the messages app to split the messages and sms. Now it will not allow me to just hit C to compose a new text message. I was able to with the old os. So i recombined the messages and sms, same thing happens. I get a message that says no mesage services configured will only be able to save as draft. What does this mean and how can i configure it to work? Side note, i used to be able type i in a text box and it would cap automatically, it no longer does this with the new os. Whats up with that? Thanks for any words of advice.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: new 4.2 os sms ?

my guess you have to have the email services composed on the phone for that to work, the "C" compose button is just meant for email, as for the CAP problem i believe it may have something to do with autotext. goto options>autotext and browse around and see if that has anything to do with it

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm gonna guess you either forgot to register with the Network or to resend your service books. First Try Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table. Open the click the track wheel to open the menu and select Register Now. Once you get the message Device Registered with the Network, pull the battery for a 15 - 20 seconds. IF that doesn't work, log in to where you set up your email and find the button(s) that say Send Service Books.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jniowa no está en línea Stack level 2

Thank you very much rjs87 for the cap problem help, it worked. I'm pretty new to BB and was unaware I could edit things like that. Rcbjr I resent the service books, I never had to do that before, and followed your instructions. It still didn't work for sms but pressing C in my gmail app does go right to compose new email. I recombined the messages and sms app under mesages > options. Still no go, I wonder if it was just a change in the software from one os to the newest one? Thanks again.