All, did some searching and didn't really find an answer. Uploaded new .384 from Sprint ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Swede no está en línea Stack level 3

New 4.1 OS and Message folder issue

Advertisement

All, did some searching and didn't really find an answer. Uploaded new .384 from Sprint on my 8703e, I am using the Zen theme. When new mail arrives, I don't get the notification on my home screen on my mail icon, I only see it in my message folder. Any ideas?
    Swede

bvandrasik no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: New 4.1 OS and Message folder issue

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No solution, but I'm seeing the same problem.

Got it! Go and log in to your e-mail settings, send service books...
    Swede

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Appears to be a problem only with Zen theme. I just switched to the Sprint default theme and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Swede
    Got it! Go and log in to your e-mail settings, send service books...
    Didn't work for me. Resent service books and tried battery pull - still no new mail icon.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

So, you're just seeing the red "splash" thing on the email folder?

I hope I wasn't misleading on this- you will not get a new mail icon. My issue was with the new OS install, I wasn't getting my mail into my mail folders with my Zen theme, they would only go to the message folder. A simple resend of the service books fixed this issue. As for the new OS, having noticed much difference as of this time, for that matter, no degrading of service either.
    Swede

Monstermac no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same issue with the email notification icon not showing on the zen theme's home screen. However, it does show if you lock your keboard by clicking on the icon or using the keyboard shortcut 'k'. then when you get an email message, you get your email notification with the number of messages. I don't know if there is a solution for this out there yet.

I assume you have mail icons on your Zen home screen. Did you send service books to your mail accounts to update them. That is what fixed my issue.
    Swede

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

I upgraded to the Verizon 4.1.0.377 and my zen theme is working normally. I keep 3 of 4 BIS email accounts on the home screen and mail notification (red star) is indicated on both the messages and appropriate BIS mail icon.

It will do that, there is no way around it. I would move the messages folder off the homescreen and just keep your BIS Mail folders and whatever else you need on your home screen. (Zen Theme) I think you are allowed 5 and the 1 default on the bottom for a total of 6 icons. Select the bottom icon, then scroll down all the way and select organize applications. The top 5 that you want should be the top 5 in the row once organized. Let us know if you get through this.
    Swede

I think people are getting confused over what the issue is here. Lock the keypad while you have unread messages. See the mail notification icon at the top of the screen? What we want is for that icon to appear when they keypad is NOT locked, also. Yes, you can setup your mail folder to be on the home screen application list (that is the workaround I am using), but that takes up one of only 5 available slots.

Now, to confuse matters even more, this didn't work even with the previous Sprint OS release, but I never noticed it. I downgraded to v4.1.0.359 yesterday, reinstalled Zen theme, and still did not get the new message notification on the home screen.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

You'll also notice when you open one of the email "boxes" the icon in question will be at the top of the screen. This is just the way the theme is designed. You'll probably need to use another theme if this doesn't work for you.