I am having trouble switching from att 4.1 to the new 4.2 os. I previously ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum
Need some help switching os's
I am having trouble switching from att 4.1 to the new 4.2 os. I previously switched to the att 4.2 software for the 8700c and realized it was missing some apps I needed. I was understanding that voda and telefonica were good programs that included everything. I also understoood that I could upload this to my 8700c as long as I deleted the vender file. I did this and the DM wont recognize the new software like it does when I am using the att software. Am I doing something wrong. Can I do what I am trying to do here. Thanks to you all
Re: Need some help switching os's
So you're saying you want to replace the AT&T 4.2 with the Vodafone or Telefonica 4.2? To replace an OS laterally like that, or to install an older OS, what I would do is:
Originally Posted by gumby430
1. Do a complete backup of the device, and save it to your desktop.
2. Download and install Jl_Cmder to your computer. It's available in the downloads section.
3. Run Jl_Cmder and wipe your device.
4. Uninstall your desktop manager.
5. Manually detete your Windows folder: C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion. Yes, the entire folder -- do not delete it from your Recycle Bin in case you need it back!
6. Download and install the OS 4.2 and the DM 4.2 from Voda or Telfonica. Usually, service providers have them packaged together in one download. Find and delete vendor.xml.
7. Connect your BB to the computer and start DM. Follow the prompts to install the new OS.
8. After the BB boots back up, restore from the backup you earlier placed on your desktop.
I went through this process once to install the older 4.1 OS on a 4.2 8700g and it worked fine.
Last edited by Mark Stone; 10-11-2007 at 01:04 AM.
Tags for this Thread