Hey guys, I just got my first blackberry on ebay and I love it (8700c) ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

janesporter505 no está en línea Stack level 1

Nebie need help

Advertisement

Hey guys,
    I just got my first blackberry on ebay and I love it (8700c) However I've been trying to transfer some programs from my computer to my black berry via a usb cable. When I connect it and click application loader in the desktop manager I downloaded it says.................No system software was found on your handheld contact your system administrator.......
    My blackberry did not come with an instruction book and I've been trying to figure this out for quite some time.....
    Thanks in advance

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Nebie need help

The files that you are trying to put on your BB need to be in a certain format, cod and alx usually. What are you trying to load?

It is before I even check anthing to load, its as soon as the dm tries to connect to the phone

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Oh duh, I was thinking of a different message.

You’ve either upgraded your handheld OS, or gotten a new BlackBerry.. Either way, your Desktop Manager doesn’t know how to talk to your BlackBerry. It is lacking the device software for your model of BlackBerry.
    You’ll have to download and install the latest device software and service packs from your carrier. To see which device software you have installed on your computer, go to the Desktop Manager Help–>About and click the Device Software tab.

ok thank you. I have cingular/att, where would I go to get the new device software