Hey i got a buddy that has a 8700C Blackberry, And he is always running ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

94explorer no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up My lawyers 8700C

Advertisement

Hey i got a buddy that has a 8700C Blackberry, And he is always running down his battery, and some of his apps dont work.

He got his phone about 8 months ago, I dont know what software version is on it. I am wondering, being a BB pearl owner if there was a software upgrade that will take care of atleast the battery life...Maybe a little more? And help with other apps.

So what software so far has been the best for people? Thanks for your help! I looked through some of the post, but i am really sick...Dont even know why i am trying to do this today for him?? I must be a good person.lol Had enough of looking at the same post over and over...SO i figgure i would add one...Sorry

Thanks for your help in advanced!

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: My lawyers 8700C

From what I have seen, battery life isn't an issue with any of the 8100 OS's. I would suggest he does a wipe and clean install, without any 3rd party apps, using his providers reccommoended OS, so not to void his warranty. See how it runs from there, and maybe you will see if an app is what wass bringing it down, or if it's just him using the pee pee out of it. Does he have a back up battery to swap out with? That will eliminate the question of having a bad battery. Hope that helps.
    Andy
    Andy

94explorer no está en línea Stack level 2

no no, I have a 8100 pearl...Thats why i am here in the first place...He has a 8700C....His warrenty is gone...ANd the 8100 did have battery problems...i have two of them...I bet you met the 8700..lol No worries! Thanks i'll try!

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

I have never had a problem with the 8700 battery, other than when it got wet and died.

How long does his battery last? How much does he use it? Does he have a car charger, USB cable to connect to his PC or a wall charger? You have to keep it charged to last.

He might also try a new battery. That would be my first attempt at finding a solution.