Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

"Date Connection Refused." went away. Finally. So, My final question is why the message "No ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

JHornsby no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: My blackberry shows "data connection refused"

Advertisement

"Date Connection Refused." went away. Finally.

So, My final question is why the message "No Message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft." comes up whenever I want to send a message. ? What do I need to do to be able to send messages? What does this message mean?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Configure and Email account on the device, It must be a POP3 mail account. NOT Hotmail
    Depending on the Device and your Carrier, the proceedures vary slightly. Your carrier should have a way to do it on the internet through your account, or you can look for setup internet mail on the BB.
    Last edited by pda.teck; 03-06-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Added content
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

What is a POP3 account? Where do I make one? The only email address I have is @hotmail.com. Does this have anything to do with my phone number?

My phone plan doesn't included Internet accress.
    I don't desire to be able to hook up to the internet through my phone. However, I also don't wan this to effect my being able to send and recieve text messages...

That's my only concern.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Well Test Messages are billed seperate. Dat is E-mail and internet, Some carriers might have and E-mail only option that is cheaper. As in TMO has that for 9.99. POP3 is Point Of Presants. so it is remote mail accsses. So unless you Pay hotmail. you do not get this from them.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Oh, my. I have absolutely no idea at this point. I appreicate you replying back to my message. However, I didn't understand any of that.
    I'm 16 years old. I wanted text messaging and BLUETOOTH (Which is suppose to be avaliable on this blackberry, that isn't. ?) and that's all.
    Maybe I'm just not clicking on the right things to SEND a message. I have a message in my inbox that was saved to my SIM card. It's still there, and I can read it...
    Is there anything you can tell me to do as far as getting my messagin to work? Should my parents call Cingular? Or is this something that I can figure out and change of the blackberry myself?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by JHornsby View Post
    I just got a Blackberry phone, and I'm still trying to figure out how to opperate it. I ordered it through Ebay, and so far, it seems like a decent phone. However, they didn't ship the phone to me with a manual, or anything.

When I put my SIM card into the Blackberry, the phone came on fine. It works, it calls out. But, on the main streen it says, "Data Connection Refused."
    What does this mean?

My services go through Cingular. And I noticed that allot of you are mentioning T-Mobile. Since I'm through Cingluar, is this going to be a problem? Will my blackberry still work through Cingular?

What should I do to upgrade my blackberry? I currently can't send messages, or anything...
    Ok let's start over from the beginning. What do you want to do with your BB? Do you want to check your hotmail email? Send text messages?

If you want to upgrade your software, you don't need internet access on your BB to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by JHornsby View Post
    Oh, my. I have absolutely no idea at this point. I appreicate you replying back to my message. However, I didn't understand any of that.
    I'm 16 years old. I wanted text messaging and BLUETOOTH (Which is suppose to be avaliable on this blackberry, that isn't. ?) and that's all.
    Maybe I'm just not clicking on the right things to SEND a message. I have a message in my inbox that was saved to my SIM card. It's still there, and I can read it...
    Is there anything you can tell me to do as far as getting my messagin to work? Should my parents call Cingular? Or is this something that I can figure out and change of the blackberry myself?
    Ok for text messaging, all you need to do is to have your family add a text messaging package to your phone. As far as Bluetooth, right now the only thing most BB's can do is connect to a BT headset or car kit. Some, with the right setup, can play music through headsets (correct me if wrong).

Text messaging is included on my phone plan. It's unlimited, and I could send and recieve messages just fine on my other phone. Why doesn't it work on my blackberry?

When I ordered this phone, It said that it was Bluetooth as well. But whenever I click on the link on my BB, it says it's Disabled.

For the Bluetooth issue, do you have a passkey for the device you want to pair with your BB? You will need this for most devices.

As far as text messaging, you should be able to go to the Messages folder on your BB. Open that menu using the Menu button to the left of the trackball. Scroll up or down to compose SMS. Type in a phone number. Hit Continue. Type your message then send it.

A passkey the the device? I don't think so. I have no idea what that is. Should I call Cingular to get a passkey?

When I open my messages folder on the BB, I can only see an incorrect date and the old message that I had been saved to my SIM Card a long time ago.
    There's nowhere to compose a new message or Reply, or anything...But when I click on that incorrect date, it says "No message sevices configured. You will only be able to save draft." ..That's all.

What I meant by passkey is this: When you buy a BlueTooth headset or car kit, there should be instructions with that device that ask you to enter a passkey. Most are 0000 but in some cases they can be different.

The "No messages services configured" refers to email. You need a BlackBerry Data or Email service plan to be able to send and receive email. Not sure why it's showing up and not the SMS option.

The internet and email thing isn't avaliable on my phone plan.

I got the headset with the phone when it was shiped. But there was no instructions.

Ok. I can help with the BT headset problem.

1. Turn on both the BB and the headset.

2. Hold the headset call button (the one you press to answer a call) til it stays lit.

3. On the BB, go to Options>BlueTooth>Enable BlueTooth>Add Device.

4. After it finds your headset it should ask for the passkey. Enter 0000.

5. It should, after a few minutes say that the headset connection is established.

Under Paired Devices, you should see whatever brand and model headset you have.

I pluged the headset into the side of the phone, and it didn't do anything. I pressed the call botton and it didn't do anything...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast