Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My jvm error occured after I removed an app and two games from the handheld ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

sowens6 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: my 8700 just threw up a jvm 523 error

Advertisement

My jvm error occured after I removed an app and two games from the handheld that required a reboot. Once I rebooted, the jvm error was there.

Did exactly what was in the post from CB1234 (browser settings) and it worked for me too to get rid of the jvm error. I'll have to say, I'm not sure why, but it worked!!!!

Thanks,
    Steve

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

Re: my 8700 just threw up a jvm 523 error

My wife had that error few weeks agom she was freaking out yelling my entire life is in that bb, JVM 523 means OS update, either reinstall the old os or install the new one .
    Good luck.

johncommenter no está en línea Stack level 1

This works

My 8700c gets the infinitely recycling JVM 523 every time the battery drains completely (allowed to discharge all the way).

The CB1234 (browser settings with radio off) technique works where nothing else does.

I'll quote it so you don't go through the thread, with one fix to use the literal text in the menu.

"I had the same error, but if I turned the wireless off, I would not receive the error. With the wireless off, I clicked on the INTERNET BROWSER icon, selected Options, Browser Configuration. I then put a check mark in each box listed and ['Save Options']. I rebooted the BB (Alt, CAP, DEL). Turn the wireless back on and I have not received the error since."
    I had to do it in November, then I just had to search my Google cache to find this page to do it again.

This time, all the settings were checked already from the last time so I just toggled them - unchecked, saved, rebooted, checked, saved, rebooted, with radio off. JVM 523 now gone. No reinstall etc. I don't care why it works. It does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12