Greetings, I am anxiously waiting for my 8703e. I am migrating from a palm, and ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

burgessgolfs no está en línea Stack level 1

Moving up from a Palm

Advertisement

Greetings,

I am anxiously waiting for my 8703e. I am migrating from a palm, and am stoked, should have it in a few days.

I have been reading up on the BB quite a bit, but still have a few unanswered questions.

First is can anybody direct me on how to copy over my address book from the Palm?

Second, are any of the apps also on your desktop, for example, the calendar, so that I can add items to the calendar while at my desk on my laptop?

Can anybody recommend a good password keeper software? Have been using Strip from Zetec for years, its not available for BB, I cannot find it anyway. I dread having to copy of all of my stored passwords and user ID's, any thoughts here on simplifying?

Anybody using the Otter Box case? Looks great but spendy?

Thanks for all the great things I have already learned!

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Moving up from a Palm

Most of us use Outlook for calendar, contacts and to dos and synch out BBs to that application using Intellisynch or wirelessly using BES. You can use the Outlook conduit on the Palm cd to move data from the Pam Desktop to Outlook and then sysch the BB to Outlook.

There is a Treo conversion wizard with Desktop Manager 4.2. Don't know if that will work with your device, but it probably worth downloading and giving it a try.

Nakim21 no está en línea Stack level 2

Welcome. I graduated from palm to blackberry a few years ago and life is great. Am on 8703 e myself and your contacts should link through outlook and it comes loaded with a password keeper as "standard". I suggest as soon as you get it loaded with contacts please change themes (you can do that here as well) depending on your needs all ota downloads are here. I ride a 03 Gsxr 1000 (Stack) and the blackberry today is a life saver. Wanted to ride to work but with it knew it was going to rain. You have to be warned :it is not called Crackberry for nothing and I hope someone told you about it's addictive properties before you even thought about ordering it. Enjoy it and hope to never see you in rehab

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Burgessgolfs. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with. You won't be dissappointed moving over to a BB!

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

You have made a wise desicion..

layand no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B7681C

I used Outlook to transfer my info from my Treo 650 to my 8703e but only my tasks and memos made the cut. Several tries later, my addresses and calendar still will not come into the light. Any suggestions?

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

I'll be interested to hear what you think of it when you get it. Make sure you post back.

PS. I just got mine about two days ago, and I love it! Great device.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by layand
    I used Outlook to transfer my info from my Treo 650 to my 8703e but only my tasks and memos made the cut. Several tries later, my addresses and calendar still will not come into the light. Any suggestions?
    Did you configure the calendar and contacts to use Outlook? Sounds like it wasn't set up properly.

layand no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B7681C

Yes it was set up to use outlook. My addresses synched from my Palm to Outlook but not Outlook to BB. Calendar did not transfer at all. I assume they were set up right since I set them up exactly like tasks and memos and they transferred without a problem. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!

z4k
    z4k no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CC1FFF

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I skipped the Palm and dove straight to the BB. I'm so glad I did! Enjoy your stay!

burgessgolfs no está en línea Stack level 1

All,

Got all my data switched, I am cooking now...

Is there a spell check in the BB, especially for email?

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Have you checked here for a bunch of additonal goodies

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ware_list.html

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Desktop Manager 4.2 has a device switch wizard which should do this.

However, if you installed any version of Desktop Manager it should be syncing from Outlook to your BB. If not, open up Desktop Manager and then click on the Intellisync icon. Make sure it's set up to sync with Outlook and with the proper folders within Outlook.

Also make sure that the connection settings are correct in DM. Sometimes you need to connect the BB to a USB port and click the Detect button under Connection Settings.

mpolo no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks!