Hi, I just recently purchased a 8700c and when I look in the OS at ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

redwingzfan no está en línea Stack level 1

Model is not showing "c" in OS

Advertisement

Hi, I just recently purchased a 8700c and when I look in the OS at the model is just says 8700, even though underneath the battery it does say 8700c. This is causing me to not find any apps in appworld since its looking for 8700c as my model. Please help, thanks!

-Dave

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Not sure I follow you here, Dave. Welcome to PinStack, by the way.

The app will work if it's built to work on an 8700, regardless of whether or not it's a "c" The issue you might have is the OS compatibility, since the 8700 is an older device.

Thanks for the quick response! I will try to clarify the issue.
    So when I go to Options -> About it says BlackBerry 8700 not Blackberry 8700c.
    So when I go to AppWorld to try to get apps, for example, BeBuzz, it says that it is not compatible with my device. In the list of devices that BeBuzz supports it has 8700c listed but not 8700.
    But my device is a 8700c (according to the sticker behind the battery) its just that the About menu in the OS is not showing it.
    Is there anyway to get the "c" to show in the About menu?

Thanks!
    Dave

So it won't let you download the app?

Correct it won't let me download BeBuzz since it says that it does not support my device, 8700 is not listed as supported, but i see 8700c listed for it. I don't think any apps in AppWorld support 8700 without a letter with the model number.

Thanks,
    Dave

Wow, that's crazy. Well if you really want BeBuzz, you can go right to their site and get it there. www.bellshare.com

I'm sure you can do that with other apps as well, or get them through MobiHand.