Hi All, I have just purchased an unlocked vodafone (Australia) 8707v, firmware v4.1.0.316. I am ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

gregbull no está en línea Stack level 1

Missing TCP option on 8707v

Advertisement

Hi All,

I have just purchased an unlocked vodafone (Australia) 8707v, firmware v4.1.0.316.

I am using a 3g sim from my Three (hutchinson) account. I have a regular data plan with them (they do not support BIS).

I can make and receive phone calls fine, but have an error on my home page that says " "Data connection refused".

I read that I need to modify the APN (which makes sense), for my carrier, which will be "3netaccess". I was told this is accessed under the TCP option.

My first problem is that I do not have a TCP option, and then I read that it was not intially supported for the 8707v.

Is/was this correct, and is there a firmware upgrade that now re-introduces this option - if so what version do I need?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Greg

NADight no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Missing TCP option on 8707v

It was correct.
    It is no longer correct.
    If you look elsewhere on this forum, you will see that there are at least two SPs on whose Blackberry software download pages there is a newer version for the 8707 with TCP enabled

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

First: your carrier MUST support BlackBerry data. It doesn't matter what SIM you have, what plan you have or where you are, if the carrier doesn't support BlackBerry, you will not be able to use anything but voice and SMS.

If you get the banner "data connection refused", that means either or both: you don't have a BlackBerry Data Plan, or the carrier doesn't support BlackBerry. In your case, this is both.

If you want to use your BlackBerry for anything but voice and SMS, you will need a BlackBerry Data Plan and a carrier which supports it.

Whatever! no está en línea Stack level 1

Where can I find this newer version for the 8707 with TCP enabled?

Regards,
    Will

nandrzej no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello all.

For what it is worth I loaded Vodafone Australia's latest software onto my 8707v and I have a TCP stack, Opera mini works and usage is showing up in my account as PKT data, not Blackberry data, nice.

FYI I am connected to Vodafone Australia.

it is;

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.1.0.528 (Chinese/English)
    Package Version: 4.1.0.528
    Applications: 4.1.0.378
    Software Platform: 3.2.0.9_A

Get it from the Vodafone website (vodafone dot com dot au) > Business > Mobile email > Downloads > Blackberry Handheld and Enterprise software.

I am using the APN vfinternet.au

cheers, Nick