I restored my 8703e. Using the Zen theme, my Red Star is missing from the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Swede no está en línea Stack level 3

Missing Red Star

Advertisement

I restored my 8703e. Using the Zen theme, my Red Star is missing from the mail icon when I receive new mail. I have sent service books, did the battery pull thing, still no star for new mail. Anyone got any ideas. Thanks.
    Swede

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Missing Red Star

Go to Messages/Options/General Options and set Display Message Count to Unread and Display New Message Indicator to Yes

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sorry, I done that as well. Probably should have mentioned it. My other mail account has the star. I will go to the main message folder and reset it. More to follow. Thanks Rc
    Swede

That did it, thanks Rc.
    Swede

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Does the mail account missing the star happen to be a Yahoo acct? Does it have the purple yahoo logo for the box icon? If so, yep, you're stuck like that. No work around. I've been dealing with it for months... as has everyone else.

It is actually my RoadRunner account. Havent noticed the issue with Yahoo as I dont use it much. Thanks for the info though. Happy Sunday
    Swede

kimjunae no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm having the same problem but no avail. All my other 'messages' folders (SMS, Gmail, Call logs, etc) show a red star when there's something new, even when I don't have unread count option set to no. For some reason, it's my Gmail folder that won't show the red star anymore! It shows it if I set the unread to yes, but it just bothers me thatI never had to before.... I've pulled the battery on it but it didn't fix the problem. I also reset my push Gmail account but nope, nothing. Solutions? Input?