Anyone know where I could possibly download some MS Outlook sounds in MIDI format for ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Yahooligan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249F4737

MIDI MS Outlook

Advertisement

Anyone know where I could possibly download some MS Outlook sounds in MIDI format for Verizon 8703e. Especially the bubble popping sound when MS Outlook is updating your inbox folders. Really hoping to annoy everyone that I work with who doesn't not have a Blackberry.

Thanks

Damian!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: MIDI MS Outlook

Try this... Go to your "my computer", go to "c drive", go to "windows", go to "media". All the sounds should be in there. From there you can convert the sound to mp3 and use that as your tone. If you need help let us know.

Yahooligan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249F4737

Thanks for reply. I started there initally, but everything is ".wav" format. Is there some additonal software that must be installed to convert ".wav" to a "midi" or "mp3" format.

Damian.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You're not going to find a bubble pop sound in MIDI format. MIDI has a fixed (on the BB anyway) set of "instruments". A MIDI file is eesentially like sheet music -- it doesn't actually contain any sounds.

I'm not sure why you're looking for MIDI alerts for an 8703e anyway. You should be looking for MP3's which aren't restricted like MIDI files. There are plenty of utilities to compress WAV's into MP3's.