Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

HAHAH! This is funny =) So I've checked 10 different stores so far, and nobody ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

alextabet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA6EFE

Re: Messed up 8700G - HELP!

Advertisement

HAHAH! This is funny =)
    So I've checked 10 different stores so far, and nobody has them in stock - UNLESS I go through some paper work promising that I will never return the purchased item, but if I do no refund will be issued. And the shipping of the item will be added to the subtotal + the tax... CRaaaZyyy

Why? well I guess a lot of people tend to buy small sizes of the Torx screwdrivers and return them when their job is done - At least thats what most of the stores told me!!

That sounds just way too silly for me..

Wow... Thats all I have to sayyy! =)
    I'll re-update this thread with some good pictures too as soon as I get the screwdrivers in...
    Wish me luck =( I hope this is gonna work!

razer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d9f9b5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if u don't live far I can prob send u a t6 via mail if that helps lol how bout a pc shop they mite have

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Have you tried Lowe's as well if you have one in your area? I know I've purchased a Kobalt driver tool with Torx bits that included a T6 and T7.

Seems odd as I've also bought the small driver set including T6 and T7 at Sears Craftsman (not the regualr Sears stores) as well.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Sounds like you live in an area where a lot of people like to "borrow" tools and then return them when they are through with that one little project. lol Sorry to hear about your luck finding the tools locally. When you do take the unit apart, be careful with the plastic snaps that hold things together. The ones at the top that actually hold the main board/LCD/Keymat assembly into the face can be fun trying to get wedged under. lol

Zo

opensky no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2344gg12

If You Dropped It.. Its Possible That You Moved The Display Just Enough To Pull Its Connector Or Strip Cable Loose.. And All You Have To Do Is Put Things Back In Tightly ... But Im Betting That It May Have Yanked The Hard Connection Loose From The Display In Some Places.. Bad Ju-ju ...

I Have Some Very Tiny Torx That I Used For Working On My Microtechs .. You Can Get Them At Smallparts ..google Them

alextabet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA6EFE

What a mess guys!! :-(
    I think I am done for...
    Blackberry is sure a great device, and pinstack made me love it, you guys are like famillyyyy!! Thanks a lot for everyones help and insights I seriously appreciate everything you've done.

With my 101 post, I bring you taking your blackberry apart 101.
    Here's some good lessons that I've learned while taking it apart.

1) After taking the 3 screws from the back, NEVER push the tabs too hard, be GENTLE!! ( I broke both of them) Now the back does not stay on firmly.

2) NEVER apply too much pressure while tightening the screws. - After I took the 3 torx and lifted the tabs. There are 4 torx that need to be removed. I tightened one of them too much, and as a result, the head of the torx broke, and the rest of it was firmly dug in the device... :-(

3) Can this get any worse?

4) Yes, I carefully took the display off the board, by gently working the white tabs, disconnected it from the main board, and as a result I had no clue how to replace the connection, therefore now the screen has no life whatsoever (My keyboard lights up but not the screen.)

So, If anyyoneee can give me some good advice here or... ahh geez, nevermind, I don't think this is even possible to get it repaired. I give up guys :-(

Again, Thank you thank you thank you!! To everyone!! you guys are amazing, rock on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12