Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MSH

I'm sure this is some kind of synchronisation issue, but I can't find out how ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

clum1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Messages delete from mailbox but not on BB

Advertisement

I'm sure this is some kind of synchronisation issue, but I can't find out how to solve it. When I (permanently) delete messages from Outlook, they are still showing in my BB.

My handset is active on the BES network, messages appear and are sent in a timely fashion and I have it set to delete on Mailbox and Handheld, with Mailbox wins on conflicts. Even if I hit the Reconcile Now option or Synchronise over the USB connection with the Desktop Manager, the messages remain in the BB message list. This surely has a simple solution, but is driving me mad!

Can anyone help please?

Calum

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Re: Messages delete from mailbox but not on BB

Quote Originally Posted by clum1
    I'm sure this is some kind of synchronisation issue, but I can't find out how to solve it. When I (permanently) delete messages from Outlook, they are still showing in my BB.

My handset is active on the BES network, messages appear and are sent in a timely fashion and I have it set to delete on Mailbox and Handheld, with Mailbox wins on conflicts. Even if I hit the Reconcile Now option or Synchronise over the USB connection with the Desktop Manager, the messages remain in the BB message list. This surely has a simple solution, but is driving me mad!

Can anyone help please?

Calum
    I am aware that in GroupWise, if you permanently delete (delete and empty) a message rather than just deleting it to the trash can the change does not sync with the BlackBerry. I am not sure if the same is true in the Outlook environment. The solution from our end has been to delete it to the trash and then at the end of the day empty your trash instead of doing the immediate delete and empty option.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's a good point Mcashman.

Another suggestion is to check the settings for wireless reconcile. From the Messages list main screen --> Options --> Email Reconciliation --> select the correct service for your BES in the Message Service field --> Delete On = Mailbox & Handheld --> Wireless Reconcile = On --> On Conflicts = Mailbox Wins.

Check this out and verify that you've got these settings.

Thanks for getting back to me; those are the settings I have Lewis. I do tend to delete permanently - the only messages that sit in my Deleted Items folder are ones I may want to refer back to.

Calum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You need to leave the deleted messages in the delete folder until the reconcillation process occurs. Once this happens, you can then remove them from the Delete folder.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks; I'll try that and see how it goes.

Calum

Becot no está en línea Stack level 1

Help! I have the opposite problem. I'm new to a BB (less than one week) and when I delete messages out of my Inbox on the Handheld, they do not go to my Deleted Folder. it appears they are gone immediately. I can still get to them on my desktop (Outlook), but I can't get to them on the handheld. Where is a setting that controls this?

ryoung no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for tip

altboy no está en línea Stack level 1

Help.
    I have posted this multiple times...
    Anyone know how to make it so my emails will delete from my handheld when they are deleted from my inbox in Entourage?
    We are using Exchange 2003.
    We are using BES.
    I have ctrl>click on inbox>empty cache in Entourage
    I have Reconcile Now on my BB.
    Still, nothing.

Any thoughts?
    Has this already been posted?
    I've viewed the items concerning hard delete and we don't want to permanently delete items from our deleted items folder.

Thoughts...please..

MSH
    MSH no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile No title!

BB Administration_Guide.pdf page 104:
    Turn on reconciliation for permanently deleted messages Users can permantely delete messages in their email application by pressing Shift+Delete. Turn on hard deletes reconciliation if you want to delete permanently deleted messages from users' BlackBerry devices. This feature also deletes messages that users move into personal folders or archive in their email application.
    1. In the BlackBerry Manager, in the left pane, click a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server.
    2. Click Edit Properties.
    3. In the left pane, click Messaging.
    4. In the Messaging Options section, in the Hard Deletes Reconciliation drop-down list, click True.
    5. Click OK.
    After you finish: On the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Dispatcher, in the Microsoft® Windows® Services, restart the BlackBerry Dispatcher.
    dsaunder likes this.