hows it goin ya'll? this is only my 3rd post and it might be a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

abes no está en línea Stack level 1

Question mega, super, newbie Synchronizing PIM question

Advertisement

hows it goin ya'll? this is only my 3rd post and it might be a pretty stupid question.

so, like i've said in my last post, thank you all so much for the helpful ("dumb-downed") answers to newbie questions. i've had my 8700g for 2 days, and thanks to everyones post, i can't put the thing down.

i'm a 20 year old college student who needed an organizer/email/internet/entertainment unit all in one, and a friend who works at T-Mobile suggested this bb. in the span of 48 hours i've used everything for the notepad, to berry411, to googlemaps, to circlepoppers (game), to you name it.

after talking to my friend who set me up with the bb, she said i could wirelessly Synchronize my PIM date to my bb wirelessly through my pc at home. THIS WOULD BE THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!! it would make my life, and staying organized with school/social life/work so much easier. the problem is i can't figure out how to do this. (EEEEKKK!!!!) i heard it might have something to do with microsoft outlook, or sumthing like that...if someone could take the time to post a step by step setup it would make this disorganized 20 year old very happy!!! please help!

peaceasy.
    abes.

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

Re: **mega, super, newbie Synchronizing PIM question**

whats your "PIM Date"?

Basically, a bb can be set up to synchronise with Outlook (calender, notes, tasks, email, contacts). There are two wireless methods: BIS and BES. BIS=Blackberry Internet Service, BES=Blackberry Enterprise Service.

I use BES coz my bb is from work, but being a student I guess you need BIS (not having BES). Search this forum for BIS, youll find something.

Welcome btw
    Last edited by oxide-tones; 08-22-2006 at 10:49 AM.

oops, i meant PIM data. thanks!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Abes, You can sync your PIM data, wirelessly with you PC, if your PC has a compatable Bluetooth capability. It can sync automatically when your blackberry is within range. It works the same way as when you sync using the USB Cable. There is a thread on how to set this in the Guides/How to forum, I think.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

You can wirelessly sync via BT but there's a HP BT stack you'll need to install if memory serves me correct from the one instance I actually got it to work. I still believe the good ol' KISS... factor of Outlook and USB is the fastest and easiest mode to sync.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by oxide-tones
    whats your "PIM Date"?

Basically, a bb can be set up to synchronise with Outlook (calender, notes, tasks, email, contacts). There are two wireless methods: BIS and BES. BIS=Blackberry Internet Service, BES=Blackberry Enterprise Service.

I use BES coz my bb is from work, but being a student I guess you need BIS (not having BES). Search this forum for BIS, youll find something.

Welcome btw
    Just to set things straight, BIS does not sync with Outlook. It is email only and there are differences in how it Polls or integrates with different email servers/providers. Without BES the only way to sync with Outlook (Actually your Exchange Server to which your Outlook is connected) is by using Desktop Manager either by USB or Bluetooth.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Re: mega, super, newbie Synchronizing PIM question

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks for the info everyone

blamb no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Just to set things straight, BIS does not sync with Outlook. It is email only and there are differences in how it Polls or integrates with different email servers/providers. Without BES the only way to sync with Outlook (Actually your Exchange Server to which your Outlook is connected) is by using Desktop Manager either by USB or Bluetooth.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    But how oh how do you get Destop manager to let you do this - my email reconciliation option is greyed out and I have tried numerous reinstallations with no success. I have two mail accounts whihc are being pushed via BIS to my BB but I cannot synchronise with my Outlook (2003 small business edition) so I end up with lots of mail on the BB which I have cleared off the PC and so on.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: mega, super, newbie Synchronizing PIM question

You have to have BES to do that.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme