is there a media player for the 8703, I want to play music n' Vids??? ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ma2_benoot no está en línea Stack level 1

Media Player for 8703

Advertisement

is there a media player for the 8703, I want to play music n' Vids???

Ma2

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

Re: Media Player for 8703

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Nope sorry. Only the Curve, Pearl, and 8830 have media player capabilities. Although the 8703 can play mp3 ringtones, it has no media player, nor expandable memory to save music/vids. Hope this helps.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by James80 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Nope sorry. Only the Curve, Pearl, and 8830 have media player capabilities. Although the 8703 can play mp3 ringtones, it has no media player, nor expandable memory to save music/vids. Hope this helps.
    Not true, if you upgrade your BB os to 4.2 you will have the media player. It will also use the internal memory so watch how many files you add.

You can download Verizons version here: http://download.vzwshop.com/vzw/blac...A4.2.1.106.exe
    You can use this thread to install the OS: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

Also, ma2, please update your profile so we can better help you in the future.

And welcome to Pinstack!

PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks doughdaddy I didn't know that. I had an 8703e and got a 8830 for the media player capabilities. I just figured since the 8703 didn't have media card support that the media player wouldn't be included in the new OS for that specific model. Sorry for the misinformation. Just learned something new.

No biggy, we're all here to learn and share and this time I got to share.

glhsracer no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by James80 View Post
    I think you are correct. I have an 8703e w/4.2 OS and it doed give you a media icon, but all it does is play MP3 ringtones and view pictures. There is no micro SD support either. I commute and would really like to play audio books (WMA files) through my BB. I am planning on upgrading to an 8830 in April so I can do this. What types of media files do you play on yours? The MP4 video files would be cool if it could do it.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Even with 4.2, there's no media player on the 8703e. Under media there are still only 2 icons. I haven't deployed one of these in a bit, but I remember that being the case.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The only media I've played so far is mp3 on the player. I haven't had the chance to play with it more and add movies. I do have some 3gp videos downloaded on it and it plays excellent. When I get my new laptop and get a bigger memory card I wanna put some full length movies on it. But yeah I had the 8703e, loved it except no media player, as I had 4.1 at the time. You'll love the 8830 however racer! And thanks doughdaddy for the support!

I haven't used my 8703e in so long since I got the 8130 that I had to dig it out.

I stand corrected and appologize for my earlier statement if it was misleading. DCookSta is correct, when I pulled out the BB and fired it up I only found 2 icons under the media icon. So, no, there is no media player for mp3's.