Okay so i searched but really couldnt find what i needed. I downloaded the new ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ooxysteroo no está en línea Stack level 1

Media Manager ..pfft

Advertisement

Okay so i searched but really couldnt find what i needed. I downloaded the new 4.2 software (both the device manager and the desktop manager). Okay right so i download reboot everything and try to run the Media Manager for my BB 8700c to upload music and pictures since ive yet to get the internet on my BB. anyways on Media Manager it says connect your device, when it is connected and the DM 4.2 says its connected and gives me my PIN. what do i do?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Media Manager ..pfft

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the 8700 does not have a media player. Sorry no MP3 ability. Unless I missed something with the newest os update.

okay thanks i was just seeing if that would work so theres no way to upload my songs since i dont have the internet correct?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ there is no way to play the songs. Internet or not. The 87XX does not have a media player or the memory to hold them.

Sorry

what about pictures. is there a way to do them?

BDClark no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2466B725

you can upload mp3 ringtones up to 2.8mb if you downgrade to DM 4.2 sp1 instead of sp2 to transfer pics and ringtones

okay so im usually not that bad at these things. but i removed all the new software and downloaded the 4.2 (sp1) and now the only thing showing up is the device manager and not the desktop manager

okay if its not one thing its the next.
    so i got it all to install go to the manager thing and it says my device needs version 4.2 or higher... i thought thats what i just installed?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

No. You installed the Desktop Manager ONLY. You need the 4.2 BlackBerry Device Operating System.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Yes, you need to download and install the 4.2 OS for your phone. Get a good backup first.
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    Follow the link above and select your handheld from the list, that will take you to the download area for yout 8700c.

WOOHOO!! thanks for everyones help i got it running and able to upload pics and ringtones. now i have the same problem everyone else does... the slowness lol oh well. i love the new look. thanks again!

sxycollegestud no está en línea Stack level 1
    Im new to the bb community. i got my first 8700c and starting playing with different applications i could download. im very impressed with its capabilites but Im looking for a way to play videos from the internet. i have an unlimted data plan so that is not a problem. is there an application that will allow to watch videos that aren't from canadian tv?