Ok, I called tmobile and asked them if I could get music/video on my phone. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

blondee028 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F0E835

Media for 8700g

Advertisement

Ok, I called tmobile and asked them if I could get music/video on my phone. They told me no. Ok so I had xplayer downloaded and that played music, I unstalled it b/c i couldn't controll the volume. Then I downloaded Nobex and that worked, its just a very complex BUT it plays. I have seen news cast in video on my phone. So why are they telling me I don't have it. Does anyone else have Media on the 8700? If so what do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by blondee028 View Post
    Ok, I called tmobile and asked them if I could get music/video on my phone. They told me no. Ok so I had xplayer downloaded and that played music, I unstalled it b/c i couldn't controll the volume. Then I downloaded Nobex and that worked, its just a very complex BUT it plays. I have seen news cast in video on my phone. So why are they telling me I don't have it. Does anyone else have Media on the 8700? If so what do you have?
    Lots of people have media on their 8700s. The world of cell phones is large and complicated, and it would be pretty much impossible for anyone to know the ins and outs of all those thousands of devices on the market. So I don't get mad at Tmobile reps when they seem ill informed, it's simply that no living being can possibly know all the answers about all the models of all the phones. That's why we have Pinstack and some other forums - where we can gather and discuss one manufacturer's device, study it's ins-and-outs, and have trusted sources of info.

Your 8700g has a great screen, large with wonderful colors, and a great sound capability. It's only two multimedia deficiencies are that it has no camera and it has too little memory, and no expansion. A more reasonable (and these days reasonably priced) BB for your use would probably be an 8100 pearl - same OS as the 87xx but with a 1.3mp camera, and a microSD slot that you can store your files in. My son has a 2gb microSD in his pearl, he claims it works great, although the device's access time to get to those files is a bit slow at times . . . .

PIN/ID
    23F0E835
    I could have gotten the pearl when I purchased this one, I chose this because of the full keyboard. The choice was between camera/keyboard. Keyboard won!

krsheltami no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is there a special trick to get Nobex to connect to the network? I have just downloaded it and it doesn't seem to get pass the connection stage though I'm connected to the network and all permission are set to "Allow"

Thanks

krsheltami no está en línea Stack level 1
    Never mind, I got it to go

PIN/ID
    23F0E835
    becareful if you remove it though, I know b/c I did and my phone settings got all messed up. like notifaction setting and etc

ekinwang no está en línea Stack level 1
    can Nobex play youtube videos? that would be great to have youtube on the 87XX.

thanks!

twentyfourseco no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~