How does one go about "copying" phone numbers from ones address book to the phone ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bravobob no está en línea Stack level 1

marrying your address book contacts with the phone book in an 8700c

Advertisement

How does one go about "copying" phone numbers from ones address book to the phone book in the 8700c? I mean I was able to copy my sim contacts from my previous phone to the address book. Is it performed the same way for the phone book? Or am I missing something so simple its laughable?

bravo out

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    You can use Desktop Manager and make a backup of the device you want the phone numbers from. Then just restore the backup to the new phone.

Just use the Advanced button to just load the Address data base.

IF you're trying to keep the original contacts on the phone then this process won't work.

Then we will need to go it about a different way

bravobob no está en línea Stack level 1
    The problem I think though is this: My other phone was a Sony K790a, and although I have taken the sim out of it and put it into the blackberry to "move the contacts over", the thing I am unfamiliar about the blackberry is that there is an address book and a "phone" book[?]. I was able to copy the address book/populate it with the phone numbers and the like of the phone book of the Sony but I cant get the phone book of the blackberry synced up somehow. Does this mean I will have to manually add all the phone numbers to the blackberry's phone book?

Am I making any sense?
    bravoBob

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    You can use Desktop Manager and make out

a backup of the device you want the phone numbers from. Then just restore the backup to the new phone.

Just use the Advanced button to just load the Address data base.

IF you're trying to keep the original contacts on the phone then this process won't work.

Then we will need to go it about a different way

malu3520695 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I also met the question .
    I don't know how to make it!