This seems like a basic thing but I cannot figure it out. I have an ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

pbn126 no está en línea Stack level 1

Managing folder for multiple email accounts

Advertisement

This seems like a basic thing but I cannot figure it out. I have an 8700 from Cingular for my work email. I added my personal email account to it a couple of days ago, and a separate folder appeared for it on my desktop. However, the personal emails are also showing up in the Messages list.

So, I have a Messages list that shows my work email mixed with my personal email, and i have a separate folder that shows only my personal email. What I don't have, and badly need, is one folder that shows only my work email. How do I accomplish this?

Thank you.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Managing folder for multiple email accounts

If I remember correctly personal messages end up in both folders by design. The work email will only show up in one folder. I haven't done this in a long time, but I don't remember there ever being a setting or fix for this.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

All BES mail arrives in Messages. All email arrives in Messages as well -- in addition to the icon set up for the BIS account. You can't change this.

What you can do is set up a Search that has your BES account as the criteria and tie it to an Alt-hotkey combo. When you press Alt and the hotkey in Messages then you'll only see BES email. That's currently as good as it gets.

An alternative is to set up the BES account to have mail forwarded as Level 1 in your filters. Depending on your OS, BES email will appear in bold or in red.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Unfortunately, all email shows up under Messages.

I have several personal email accounts as well as my corporate BES account, and have set up saved searches for each account so that I can hit [Alt]B to display all my BES email, [Alt]Y to display all my Yahoo email, etc.

In Messages, Click the wheel/menu button and select Search. Scroll down to Service, hit [Alt] and select the service you want to display. Click the wheel/menu button and select Save. Give the saved search a name and assign it to an [Alt]Key combination, Click the wheel/menu button and select Save.

Once you've done that for each of your email addresses, it's fairly quick and easy to display each separately in Messages. When in use, the name you gave the search will appear at the top of the Messages list instead of your Provider's name (i.e. BES instead of Cingular).

The one thing I haven't been able to do is build a search to display ALL my personal email at once!
    Last edited by jdellasala; 05-31-2007 at 06:35 AM.
    JerryD

pbn126 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you all for your replies. I still hope to find one solution that hasn't been mentioned. I accept that both my work and personal email accounts will show up in the Messages list, but the personal email ALSO gets it's own individual folder on the home screen. So, for personal email, I don't need to do a special search - all the emails from this account shows up in it's own folder.

How do i create another folder that gets only work emails?

Here is what I have right now:
    * Message List - gets work AND personal emails mixed together
    * Personal email folder - gets ONLY personal email

The personal email folder showed up on the desktop automatically when i added personal email service to my work blackberry. Since personal email is able to get it's own dedicated folder, there must be a way to do the same for work emails. Does anyone know how to do this?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pbn126

How do i create another folder that gets only work emails?
    You can't with the current Message App. You might be able to create an application using the Blackberry JDE and Sun's Lava SDK. But I'm not even sure about that.

Here is what I have right now:
    * Message List - gets work AND personal emails mixed together
    * Personal email folder - gets ONLY personal email

The personal email folder showed up on the desktop automatically when i added personal email service to my work blackberry. Since personal email is able to get it's own dedicated folder, there must be a way to do the same for work emails. Does anyone know how to do this?
    This additional Icon was part or the BIS 1,8 to 2.0 Transition.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~