Anyone know if MACs have desktop software compatible to the 8703, if so where can ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

benas06xi no está en línea Stack level 1

MAC OS

Advertisement

Anyone know if MACs have desktop software compatible to the 8703, if so where can I get it?

arul no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203BDFB0

Re: MAC OS

As far as I know, there isnt any desktop software for us mac users yet. If you want to install programs to your BB unit, you have to use a Windows computer or install them Over-The-Air, if available.

However, you can use PocketMac (http://www.pocketmac.net/) to sync your PIM data with AddressBook/iCal/Entourage. Apparently PocketMac is coming out with a desktop software for mac's soon but no info as to when exactly.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had not heard of the PocketMac DM. That's interesting news, if it's true.

Some people with MacIntels have attempted using Crossover or Parallels with limited results. Others use Bootcamp. But then, why bother? Just use a windows pc.

PocketMac is good, though limited. If you're on a BES, I would suggest staying away from PocketMac; it has unpredictable results, and there is no field mapping or error management (eg. "do you want to merge or replace?" "what to do with duplicate entries?").

postalrecon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3014B2CA

pocketmac is terrible, i wish RIM would kick pocketmac in the *** to do something about the sync only, but no app loader problem
    Gtalk: Ayoung1981
    PIN: 3014B2CA

I cut like a samurai!