Hi, Just got an 8703e after having a couple of other BB. I've noticed that ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

pm1072 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317B4322

Low ringers/sound (8703e)?

Advertisement

Hi,

Just got an 8703e after having a couple of other BB. I've noticed that the ringers/sounds seem to be a bit low on my BB, as compared to the others. Of course the others didn't have the speaker located on the back, like this one does.

Just curious if others that have had a different BB prior, think that the sound is a bit low on the 8703e?? Or am I going deaf?

I've downloaded various mp3 ringtones and sound effects, and it seems that I have to turn the volume settings to High in order to hear it well, especially while in the car or with the television on at home. The stock ringers even seem a bit low too.

Appreciate any input, suggestions, etc. Thanks.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: Low ringers/sound (8703e)?

I am not sure as the difference between the previous versions and the 8703e but, I have most of mine set to medium and can hear them fine.

UWCDAD no está en línea Stack level 1

Mine is the same way. If I go from Med to High it will blow you out.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I have had a few BB's and I have to say that the 8700 by far has the loudest speaker. A lot of it has to do with the ringtone you are using. Some ringtones are quite a bit softer than others. You may want to experiment with different tones.

sinjin007 no está en línea Stack level 2

Actually I think the problem might be with the ringtone itself that has been downloaded. example ive had downloaded the mission impossible ringtone from 3gforfree.com and it was very low especially in the holster even on high settings. but when I went to mobile41.com and downloaded the same ringer. it was slow loud I had to move it to medium.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Quote Originally Posted by sinjin007
    Actually I think the problem might be with the ringtone itself that has been downloaded. example ive had downloaded the mission impossible ringtone from 3gforfree.com and it was very low especially in the holster even on high settings. but when I went to mobile41.com and downloaded the same ringer. it was slow loud I had to move it to medium.
    I agree. Some tones are inherently louder than others. Picking a louder one should remedy the situation.

jrusch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31ADDE19

I have an 8703e with US Cellular. I upgraded from the 7250 a few months ago and the ringtone volume on the 8703e is about the same as the 7250. I can hear it okay but even on the loudest setting it isn't as loud as my wife's LG VX6100.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Amplitude of the ringtone will definitely affect volume. If you have access to the file and a sound editing app you can adjust and re-download on your BB if you can't find a louder version.

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have the 8703e. Ringtones are loud. But playing back voicemail is not the best. Even at the highest volume.