Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am attempting to transfer my Lotus Notes (v7.02) Address book to my 8700c thru ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

TXFM no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Lotus Notes Connector Missing

Advertisement

I am attempting to transfer my Lotus Notes (v7.02) Address book to my 8700c thru Desktop (v4.2.2.14), but I don't have the Lotus Notes connector. I can sync to Outlook, Outlook Express, and others, but Desktop won't allow me to check the Lotus Notes option in the Configuration section. Was the Lotus Notes connector left out of this version of desktop?

Would appreciate the help - Thanks.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Lotus Notes Connector Missing

it should work fine "out of the box" so to speak. I use LN and it worked fine. You can try downloading 4.3 here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22 and choose Desktop Manager v4.3, upgrade your current version. Let me know if it works after updating and I will tr to help further.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

I to use LN 6.5 with DM 4.3 works fine.

the company I work for uses 7.0.2, sames as OP but are in the log drawn out process of going to Outlook Exchange servers... personally I cannot wait until they do. I am not a big Lotus Notes fan

Thanks - I downloaded 4.3 a little earlier after I first posted, but when I click on Configuration Sync for Address, I still don't get a path to Lotus Notes. I see one for Outlook, Outlook Express, Lotus Organizer, Groupwise, and ACT.

so when you go into sync setup, under address book and click setup, Lotus Notes is not listed?

Correct. And I just did this from the BB website (I'm not allowed to post the URL, evidently) did this:

Workaround

If running BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.1, copy the LNOptions.dll file to your computer.
    Close BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Download the LNOptions.dll file from (I'm not allowed to show this) and save it to the computer in

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\Lotus Notes5.0
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and configure Intellisync to synchronize the BlackBerry device with Lotus Notes.
    The OK button on the Choose Application window should now be enabled.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But Lotus Notes didn't show in the first place, so I'm baffled.

I'm uninstalling 4.3 and reinstalling 4.2, since I could at least see "Lotus Notes" as an option even though I couldn't check it. Then I'll download the dll file as mentioned above and see if that works.

let me look around some... you should not have to do anything with the DM and LN versions you are running unles your company has something missing for some reason.

Ok, thanks. I did the uninstall of 4.3 and reinstalled 4.2, then downloaded the .dll file, but it didn't work. Hope you can find something - thanks for continuing to help!

Quote Originally Posted by TXFM View Post
    Ok, thanks. I did the uninstall of 4.3 and reinstalled 4.2, then downloaded the .dll file, but it didn't work. Hope you can find something - thanks for continuing to help!
    using 4.2 vs. 4.3 is not the issue, I personally prefer the 4.3 interface. The .dll file fix is for LN 5 and older DM versions, it was fixed in newer LN and DM versions that you are usning. I will report back when I find something (soon hopefully).

And your welcome... that's what we are here for.

BTW, I'm simply trying to sync with the Lotus Notes address book that is resident on my computer, not from a corporate server. I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

Is lotus notes your default mail client and used for recieving mail? what ar you using for email and calendar and such?

I recently got a BB Curve, and I do not want to dump my LN address book into it. I want to use my older 8700c as a PDA and sync my LN with it. The 8700C has no data communication or phone capabilities now.

I have 2 emails. Yahoo which is pushed into my BB Curve, and LN for business which has settings to forward all email into my BB Curve. So I see both in the same folder.

so all you are using the 8700c for is the address book and I assume calendar from Lotus? I don't think it would make a difference but is the OS installed on the PC for the 8700c? If not try that and see if it needs that for the connector.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast