I thought this was weird, but perhaps someone has an explanation: I have two 8700g's ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Question Lost option for "Custom Phone Tune"

Advertisement

I thought this was weird, but perhaps someone has an explanation:

I have two 8700g's and with both you could always go to the Address Book/Edit Contact/ and scroll to the bottom to find "Custom Phone Tune." Now, on one of the phones, this option doesn't exist.

I can still setup and exception within profiles but I'm very weirded out by this sudden discrepancy between the OS's of these identical phones.

Thanks,

Jerry
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Lost option for "Custom Phone Tune"

Jerry, on my 8700, I have to go into the address book, open a contact select edit. Then I click the scroll wheel and there is the "Add Custom Phone Tune" option.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Re: Lost option for "Custom Phone Tune"

Oh I feel silly.

When comparing phones "a", and "b", The contact on "a" already had a custom tune and the contact on "b" didn't. It's been so long since I've customized a ring tone I forgot about that important little step.

Can we just forget that I asked this question?
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!