Does anyone know how long it takes to provision BB service on a new SIM ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

AaaBaa no está en línea Stack level 1

How long to provision BB service on a new SIM card?

Advertisement

Does anyone know how long it takes to provision BB service on a new SIM card? O2 (UK) sent me a new SIM card, and though the new SIM recognised the O2 network in a matter of minutes (i.e. I can make and receive phone calls & SMS) the 8700 is still showing "Data Connection Rejected". I've already contacted O2 and confirmed with them that they have already requested BB provision on the new SIM card - it's just that it hasn't come through yet. Anyone have any ideas?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: How long to provision BB service on a new SIM card?

90% of the time Data connection Refused is due to not having BlackBerry data provisioned correctly by the carrier.

It usually refers to your Blackberry's inability to register with the data Network of your carrier. Sometimes this can be fixed with a simple restart.

If it still says "data connection refused" then most likely it's Carrier related and your Blackberry isn't currently been provisioned or provisioned correctly on your Carrier's MSC for Blackberry Data service. It could also be for some reason the provisioned information for your profile on your Carrier's HRL has been reset. Once you notify them they will update you and you'll have to restart the Blackberry.

Let us know how this works.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: How long to provision BB service on a new SIM card?

It depends. I've had provisioning take effect immediately and I've had it take about 24 hours...