Hello, recently bought a used 8707v in the UK. Seller didn't tell me the device ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

wings220 no está en línea Stack level 1

locked 8707v

Advertisement

Hello,

recently bought a used 8707v in the UK. Seller didn't tell me the device was locked to vodafone.
    Tryed to unlock it thru various unlock providers, but appearently they can't help me, cause IMEI should not be correct, or isn't Vodafone locked.

Can somebody help me out please.

thanks

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: locked 8707v

If the device isn't unlocked, and it is an 8707v, it is a Vodaphone device. Shoudl work with their SIM. To use on another GSM network, it needs to be unlocked and that network's SIM inserted.

If the IMEI isn't correct, it might have been a lost or stolen device and you just might be out of luck. Most carriers will not activate a device like that.

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what happens when you put another network sim card in , does it say invalid sim? If not a thought could be that only voda supply and support the 8707 in the uk IIRC, I am not sure anyone else support 3g bb. Try going into options and network, on the 8707 there is an option to select 2 or 3g or both, set it to 2 only and see how you get on

wings220 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthomas
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what happens when you put another network sim card in , does it say invalid sim? If not a thought could be that only voda supply and support the 8707 in the uk IIRC, I am not sure anyone else support 3g bb. Try going into options and network, on the 8707 there is an option to select 2 or 3g or both, set it to 2 only and see how you get on

Hello Andrew,

Message is ďnvalid simcard"there is indeed a possibility to select 2 or 3 g and i selected 2g
    But it gives me the same message.

Thanks for your help

Gerald

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

have you tried a Voda card?