I recently moved from an XV6700 PPC to a BB 8703e, and I like the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

kenlex41 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Local HTML File . . . Is it possible?

Advertisement

I recently moved from an XV6700 PPC to a BB 8703e, and I like the 8703. It actually works and doesn't hang everytime I get a call. My question revolves around the method I used on to keep all my usernames and passwords on my 6700.

I had an html file on my ppc that contained usernames, passwords, info and other important info. It was very convienant and easy to use. I just set the html file as my home page on my PPC and had a shortcut to its location in my sync directory on my pc. Is there anywhy to do this on my blackberry?

I love my new blackberry but do miss being able to just drag and drop files to it.

Thanks for any help

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    I do not believe this is Possible at this time.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    kenlex41, Welcome to PinStack.

You could do the same thing with a Memopad Note. That would let you sync with what ever PIM you use for syncing the BB to your PC. I think you would actually be better off using the Password Keeper app that comes with the Blackberry OS, or one of the third party replacements for it. I can't remember the names of any of them, maybe cryptmagic or something similar.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kenlex41 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks, I was wonder what Password keeper was for. I really liked using the html file because I could have it on both my PC and my PPC. I will mess around with Password Keeper and see if it will do the trick.

Thanks