Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, I read the instructions here, but am still running across issues. When choosing the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

Loading themes onto a 8707v

Advertisement

Hi, I read the instructions here, but am still running across issues. When choosing the alx files (desktop manager, application loader) I awlays get: No additional applications designed for your device were found

I click that away and the themes dont appear in the list and I cant add them to my device. Ive tried this with three from here all from the 8700/8707 download area... any ideas?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Loading themes onto a 8707v

"No additional applications designed for your device were found"

This is caused by moving the files around or placing the install files in different directories. Keep all the apps/themes you install in the same folder and each time you open DM it will look in the same place for additiional apps to install. For the fix close DM and re-boot your machine. When back up open DM and point to the location of the theme it should work.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

oxide-tones, Welcome to the Stacks. You may also need to have the currently loaded Blackberry device OS installed on your PC. I had to do this the first time I tried to load an App/theme on my 8700. I'm not sure if this is still the case with Desktop Manager or not.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello oxide, welcome to pinstack.com. You are in the hands of the worlds best theme builders, have no fear!

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

And don't forget plazmic theme reader. You will need that installed on your device to be able to add themes.

PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

hey guys, thanks for the welcome and the support.

closed out DM and rebooted my laptop, put all themes into a folder that I wont change, but still get the same message. Should the themes be somewehere specific? (~~~\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\)

have 4.1 installed, and plazmic reader is an alx file with most of the themes, throwing the same error message. Do I need to install it first, or separately?

Thanks again

PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

more info: when I go to options; advanced options; applications, no themes are listed, there should be the ones that were preinstalled right?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by oxide-tones
    more info: when I go to options; advanced options; applications, no themes are listed, there should be the ones that were preinstalled right?
    No, the stocks themes won't be listed as Apps as they are imbedded in one of the other listed apps. They will appear in the Options/Themes listing though. You are putting the Cod files in the same place as the ALX files, right? Did you download/ and install your Current Device OS. Try that.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

hi, yes I have 4.1 as my OS, thats the most recent as far as I know. Via DM, app loader I cant load either themes (alx), plazmic reader or cod files, I always get the same error

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

When you create a theme it will populate 4 files, two for theme reader and two for the actual theme. I always delete the theme reader files because I already have theme reader installed, and then take the last two files which should be the name of the theme .alx and .cod, and put them wherever I want. They can be anywhere on your pc as long as they are in the same folder. Even if you dont have theme reader installed your DM will pick up the themes, they just wont appear on your phone.

Here is what the two files should look like...

com_plazmic_theme_nameoftheme.cod
    nameoftheme.alx

This is how I sort my themes...
    I have a folder named themes on my desktop. In that folder I have many folders that have the name of the theme that is in them. Then in each theme's folder I have two more folders. One if for the DM download files and the other is for the OTA download files.

This helps keep me organized, since I plan on creating numerous themes in the future.

PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

Ok, that makes sense...

I also have a folder that will stay where it is with a bunch of downloaded themes (from here, I didnt create any) and a couple of apps. Most of them have alx files as well as the plazmic alx file.

As an example, brushed metal theme has:

Brushed Metal.alx
    com_plazmic_theme_Brushed_Metal.cod
    com_plazmic_theme_reader.alx
    com_plazmic_theme_reader.cod

When adding (or trying to) via DM, app loader, add, the COD files arent recognized, and the two alx files throw me the above mentioned error message

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You keep saying you have 4.1 installed. I realize it is installed on your BB, but is a copy installed on your PC. In the past, I have had the same indication as you have when my OS install file on the PC got accidentally deleted. App Loader gave the failure "No additionall apps . . . ". Took forever before someone suggested that I rerun the download exe file. Try downloading the OS exe file from Blackberry and executing it then try adding the themes.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

ah, ok. Yes I have 4.1.0.8 on my laptop, will try updating/reinstalling that

OK, got the latest version from blackberry, installed, same issue... sorry for throwing this out there, I have no idea what to try next

another update: I thought I would try via bb (mobile.blackberry.com) and I was able to dl a game and it installed.
    Last edited by oxide-tones; 08-18-2006 at 07:18 AM.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

OK, That takes care of the Desktop Manager Software Update. Now have you installed the Blackberry Operating System software, the version that is already installed on you BB, onto your PC?

As I said before, You may have to have a copy of the currently installed BB OS installed on your PC in order to load any applications/themes on you BB using the Application Loader function of Desktop Manager. That is the only thing I can think of that, after everything you have said that could be causing this problem.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

oh... now i feel stupid. I didnt realise that this is what you meant... to confirm before I make more of a fool of myself: I need to install the OS that is on the BB handheld onto my laptop?

and if so, I guess I have another question (sigh):
    I have a vodafone 8707v with an E-Plus Sim card (both German). neither Vodafone nor E-Plus seem to have specific 8707v software.

From Vodaphone I can get Software-Version 4.1.0.258 which is for the 8700v

from E-Plus I can get BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.1.0.211 which is for the 8700g.

according to my bb I have 4.1.0.316 installed
    Last edited by oxide-tones; 08-18-2006 at 11:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast