Hello, I recently purchased an 8700g and I would like to customize it with my ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

dante007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Loading Content to 8700g

Advertisement

Hello,
    I recently purchased an 8700g and I would like to customize it with my own backgrounds and family pics. I do not have a data plan due to corporate restrictions (the phone service is via a corporate account with T-Mobile). I don't see any way to download pics via Desktop Manager. v4.1 doesn't have Media Manager and v4.2 doesn't support the 8700g firmware (I have v4.1.0.284 on the device).

Any ideas on how I can move data/pics/music to my 8700g without having a data plan from my service provider?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Loading Content to 8700g

dante007, Welcome to PinStack.

The link provided by cp6169 is the only way to do what you desire, but it's has had its problems for some PinStackers. Please read through the compelte thread to make sure you understand all the problems. It has proved sucessful for many members though.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Dante. Let us know how you make out with getting the content on your 8700.

dante007 no está en línea Stack level 1

cp6169, rcbjr, ljbyar,
    Thanks for the guidance. I'm getting close, but still not there. I got the sim up and running and am able to transfer data back and forth between sim and actual BB. The pics that I want to transfer to the BB are on my hard drive, not the web. Is there anyway to load content from my HD to the BB sim?

Thanks,
    Dante007