Hi, I have a 8703e, is there a safe way (after I backup my berry ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

link for upgrading to os 4.2

Advertisement

Hi, I have a 8703e, is there a safe way (after I backup my berry of course) to upgrade my os from 4.1 to 4.2? If there is how do I go about finding a good download link? Most important, is there a big difference between os 4.1 and 4.2 to make it worth it? Thanks in adance! Lesa

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: link for upgrading to os 4.2

One of the biggest differences is the media support found in 4.2, but the memory limitations of the 8700 almost make the upgrade more of a frustration rather than a benefit. At least that's what I found personally and have seen here on the stacks.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by lesawag
    Hi, I have a 8703e, is there a safe way (after I backup my berry of course) to upgrade my os from 4.1 to 4.2? If there is how do I go about finding a good download link? Most important, is there a big difference between os 4.1 and 4.2 to make it worth it? Thanks in adance! Lesa
    There is NO upgrade for the 8703e device. The GSM 8700s got a 4.2 upgrade, but the CDMA 8703e devices are marooned at 4.1. And no, the 4.2 for GSM is not compatible with CDMA devices. Sorry, welcome to the 4.1 club. lol

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Oh well thanks, I just saw sprints going to release the pearl in november, so I guess ill wait. Finally sprints releasing a new blackberry! I hate sprints slow speed in releasing blackberrys! Thanks for the info! Lesa

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I am on the 8703e with Alltel and honestly, I like 4.1 moreso than 4.2. I don't really care for the interface of 4.2 but some enjoy the extended media capabilities so you may go to one of the stores and play with 4.2 if you haven't already.

Good luck...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

lesawag: Sprint relaesed the 8830 back in June. You could get that if you wanted to stick with the full QWERTY keyboard.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have the 8703e with alltel and also have the new 8830 also with alltel. I have had my 87 for about a year. I was a hard core treo user, very happy @ that however do to a job promotion i was forced to the bb. The interface on them is almost a dead tie other than a few new upgrades with the 4.2 software.

The media player, bb maps, new theme, blue tooth supported transfer. I will say the ring tones are way to soft on the 88.

Im not sure the trade is worth it.