I don't have any messages of any sort and my light will not go back ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

exit53 no está en línea Stack level 1

Light won't go back to green

Advertisement

I don't have any messages of any sort and my light will not go back to green... just blinking red... any ideas how to revert?

I received a new SMS message and hoped that after opening it, it would change back to green, but it didn't.

Thanks for any help!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Light won't go back to green

I would do a quick BP (battery pull reset). Take out the battery with your BB on then wait at least 30 secs before putting it in again. Let us know if that corrects the problem.

exit53 no está en línea Stack level 1

it actually just reverted on its own... very bizarre. i will try the battery pull if it happens again. thanks!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    I would do a quick BP (battery pull reset). Take out the battery with your BB on then wait at least 30 secs before putting it in again. Let us know if that corrects the problem.
    I have also had this problem. It happens after I clear my logs after an IM, pin or text. The red flashes forever until I get fed up (after trying to find the source and realizing I have no new messages) and just yank the battery out LOL Sometimes I even have to wait for another message to come to my Pearl then it will stop. Frustrating.

The sad part is my 7100s did not do this so I thought my Pearl was defective until I remembered the battery pull trick.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Happens all the time to me, matter of fact right now its going red but there is nothing new. Its because of BB Messenger for some reason on my BB.

The battery pull works for me each time.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Sometimes the Blackberry doesn't recognize your reading a BB Messenger Message, and it just keeps blinking for about 15 minutes.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes, it bb messenger does it, eventho you have seen the message. The light still flashes red. take the battery out.