Hey fellow pinstackers! Could someone tell me the difference between "Level 1 Messages" and "Messages" ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

East Coast no está en línea Stack level 1

Level 1 Message vs. Message

Advertisement

Hey fellow pinstackers! Could someone tell me the difference between "Level 1 Messages" and "Messages" on the Blackberry 8703 e? For those of you using this device, (so that you can see what I'm talking about), go to PROFILES from the main screen and then push the track wheel and select EDIT. You will see a list of items (Browser, Calendar, Level 1 Messages, Messages, Phone, SMS, Tasks).

Thanks so much!

East Coast no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Level 1 Message vs. Message

Hello again....okay, never mind...I found out my answer.

Thanks ya'll!

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Any other q's let us know!

BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast
    Hey fellow pinstackers! Could someone tell me the difference between "Level 1 Messages" and "Messages" on the Blackberry 8703 e? For those of you using this device, (so that you can see what I'm talking about), go to PROFILES from the main screen and then push the track wheel and select EDIT. You will see a list of items (Browser, Calendar, Level 1 Messages, Messages, Phone, SMS, Tasks).

Thanks so much!
    So what's the answer?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

under options/general options (while in your mail application) you have the choice to make PIN messages level 1...

BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    under options/general options (while in your mail application) you have the choice to make PIN messages level 1...
    But what's the difference between level 1 messages and plain ol' regular messages?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

they look different (italics and bolder) in the email app and the sound can be changed to be different.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Level 1 messages can be considered sms (txt) messages,voice mail, and pin messages. "Messages" are simply regular emails. At least this is the way it works when you have the Zen theme activated.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Level 1 basically just allows you to flag messages that meet a certain criteria (sender, account, subject, etc) and set a different alert for those messages. What messages qualify as Level 1 are up to you.

You could decide that you don't want any notifications for Messages but you do want to mark messages from certain people as Level 1 and only have Level 1 messages trigger an alert.

You could have an alert set for Messages and then flag important messages (like from your significant other or spouse or whoever) as Level 1 and assign those messages a completely different alert.

You could decide to just use Level 1 forwarding to mark email from a particular account in the Messages app to easily distinguish them from messages from other accounts and completely turn off alerts for both Messages and Level 1 messages.

It's really up to you to decide how to use it. On older BB's Level 1 messages are listed in bold. The 8100 and 8800 list them in red.

Filters is where you set up the criteria and Level 1 forwarding. IIRC, BES gives you some more criteria to use than BIS...

Bubblez0163 no está en línea Stack level 2

ohhh I was also confused about that..Thanx!

dsw274 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

how can i slect or change the list of level 1 messags, or contacts?