Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've finally figured out how to turn off the flashing green LED. Now, I'm trying ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Eliott no está en línea Stack level 1

LED Questions

Advertisement

I've finally figured out how to turn off the flashing green LED. Now, I'm trying to figure out the red.

1) I would like the LED to flash only when I have phone messages. Any idea how to do this? In the profiles, I only see the option for "Level 1 Messages" and "Messages". I'm assuming these mean both phone and email messages? Under the "phone" option, it seems to imply that I can set the led to flash when the phone rings, but there is no setting for phone messages.

2) Are there any 3rd party apps that give better LED control? e.g. Bulter for Treo that allows you set colors for the LED for missed calls, messages, alarms, etc.?

Thanks all in advance.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: LED Questions

Eliott, Welcome to PinStack.

For each type of Alert in each profile you can change the notifications for each type of alert, Browser, Calendar, Google Talk Alerts and Messages, Level 1 Messages, Messenger Alerts, Messenger Messages, Phone, SMS and Tasks. In each of these you can set the options for In holster and Out of holster. For each there is a Repeat Notification setting with two options, None and LED Flashing.

Set the ones you don't want to Flash to None and the others to LED Flashing.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Eliott no está en línea Stack level 1

When I set the profile for "Messages" is that for only email messages? Or does that include voicemail?

I am trying to kill any email alerts and only give alerts for phone messages.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Voicemail is the same as SMS, not Messages.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

fireball05 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Eliott,

Can you provide instructions to turn off the flashing green LED. I have a 8703e if that matters.

Thanks.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    To turn off the flashing green LED:

Options-Screen/Keyboard-Scroll down to LED Coverage Indicator. Change from On to Off...Save Changes...

rbl
    rbl no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8700v red LED until messages viewed?

I see on my 8700v that the red LED blinks for a short period of time (5min?) but I would like to make it blink until I actually read the new messages or at least until I touch the phone. I sthis viable?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    rbl, Welcome to PinStack.

I haven't found any way to change that, Sorry. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3
    Quote Originally Posted by rbl
    I see on my 8700v that the red LED blinks for a short period of time (5min?) but I would like to make it blink until I actually read the new messages or at least until I touch the phone. I sthis viable?
    thats exactly what my 8707v does... it will flash red till I do something. I also have green switched off

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3
    Quote Originally Posted by rbl
    thats exactly what my 8707v does... it will flash red till I do something. I also have green switched off

busterm76 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23dfbec6
    how do i get better themes and also share my ringtones with the members on this site

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Busterm, , Welcome to PinStack.

Please keep questions pertaining to the topic of the thread when posting. You will get better answers, as some Stackers use the title of the thread to filter which posts they read. I see you've already asked a similar question in an appropriate thread, so we will let this one drop. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

strapp44 no está en línea Stack level 1

Howdy,

I've been looking for a way to change the LED color notification depending on the type of message waiting. Ex: red for SMS, green for MMS, blue for email and so on. The other very helpful addition would be a way to change the rapidity of the blink rate. I'm tired of having to stare at the Pearl for 5 seconds to see if i have a message, i would love to be able to just glance at the phone for a sec and know if i have a message.

I feel like i have OCD having to stare at the phone seemingly all the time to see if i have a message.

Whatev, just dreaming.

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    To turn off the flashing green LED:

Options-Screen/Keyboard-Scroll down to LED Coverage Indicator. Change from On to Off...Save Changes...
    Thanks fot this. Very nice!

Should have found it myself by now

Would be nice to have this as a profile option so the LED could be off at night when the unit is on the bed side table.

Ed

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

i just wish i could turn my message indicator blue...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast