This is my first post so hope I do it right and do not break ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

martyn20 no está en línea Stack level 1

Keyboard unlock password

Advertisement

This is my first post so hope I do it right and do not break any rules. I have just received a 8700v which I bought on ebay, it is asking me for a password to unlock the keyboard lock and I am going to have to wait a few days to contact the seller as he is away and would love to do it quicker.
    I have read that if you put in the incorrect password 10 times it will reset and wipe the device, does this apply with this type of password. Wiping the device is fine as I will be starting from scratch but do not want to find that I lock the device for good.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Keyboard unlock password

Hi martyn and Welcome to the Stacks. That is correct, you can enter the password incorrectly 10 times and it will wipe the device and unlock the keyboard. Good luck and let us know if we can help with anything else
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Thank you so much, I can't thank you enough. I do not want to have to put the password in everytime to unlock the keyboard, I have gone to options, security options, general settings and I do not seem to be able to change the password setting from enabled.
    Be great to get this off, I will print a user manual tomorrow but wondered if you could help, I am feeling very lazy, so sorry

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

You should be able to set it at disabled if you can get into that setting in Security options.
    Once you have done this, save and exit.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Quote Originally Posted by martyn20
    Thank you so much, I can't thank you enough. I do not want to have to put the password in everytime to unlock the keyboard, I have gone to options, security options, general settings and I do not seem to be able to change the password setting from enabled.
    Be great to get this off, I will print a user manual tomorrow but wondered if you could help, I am feeling very lazy, so sorry
    Hi Martyn20!! If you are unable to disable the password from Options>Security Options>General Settings, then your device may have an IT policy enabled. On the same screen where the enable/disable password option is, scroll to the bottom -- if there is any mention of an IT policy, then you have one. IT policies are put in place by companies who use multiple BlackBerries to prevent their employees from removing password protection (among other things) with the purpose of protecting company information. Detailed information how to remove an IT policy is here: http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy . After you go through that process, you will be able to disable password protection.

Thanks for your post, I found a previous message from you in another thread about the same thing and tried it last night and it worked like a dream. Thanks again.
    I also managed to upgrade to 4.2 and that works well to, I am just waiting for an email with a network unlock code and I can actually start using my new phone, lol.

Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by martyn20
    Thanks for your post, I found a previous message from you in another thread about the same thing. . .
    I guess I'm a bit redundant --
    . . . and tried it last night and it worked like a dream. Thanks again.
    You're quite welcome! Enjoy your 8700, those units are n-i-c-e!