Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Purchased from UShopWireless.com and I just got it FedEx today (Monday). I love it so ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Just received my 8700g on T-Mobile

Advertisement

Purchased from UShopWireless.com and I just got it FedEx today (Monday). I love it so far. The EDGE is wonderful. I love the color.

I recommend it to anyone. And the contract you have to go through with UShopWireless isn't so bad. You have to keep it active for 120 days on a 2 year contract, and any plan changes have to go through UShopWireless, not T-Mobile for 120 days, or they sock you with $449 penalty. Kinda lame, but getting the phone for $99 after rebates is mega-nice.

Any questions for someone who has an 8700g in hand?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Just received my 8700g on T-Mobile

Yes. I have a few questions. I used a couple 7730's last year and I was wondering about the following:

1) Are the signal, battery life and screen better in the newer model? I have seen pics of the 8700 but I want to know from someone who actually owns the thing lol

2) Keyboard-what does it feel like? I saw a review and it said the keyboard feels cheap and slippery. Is this right?

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Signal seems ok, havent been out too much to compare, but that market specific anyways. Screen is AWESOME! Battery life seems good, but too early to tell.
    Keyboard is going to take some getting used to. Its smaller than the std qwerty board, so its a tradeoff.
    The EDGE is great too!
    I love being able to send emails from each email address I have linked to push to the BB. Great feature that I think the BES might have but Ive never had it! i give it 4.75 out of 5 stars!

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

God Bless the 8700.....

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I'll second that on the screen. Even better than the very bright 7100 screen. And the keyboard does feel a bit nicer than the 7100 too. The 7100 kinda feels like a $0.99 calculator where all the buttons move when you hit one. But the 8700g is more defined in keystrokes.

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

In my opinion the 8700 feels more confortable in the hand. I thought that my 7100 was too slim for me to have a good grip on it.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by taeisme
    In my opinion the 8700 feels more confortable in the hand. I thought that my 7100 was too slim for me to have a good grip on it.
    That's true too. The 8700 is thinner (or seems so) and shorter. But only slightly wider. And the side grooves feel very nice when talking on the phone.

Thanks for the reviews. The reasons I mentioned above were why I left full keyboard BB's because they were just too bulky and had many problems. When I become eligible for an upgrade I may try one.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Thanks for the reviews. The reasons I mentioned above were why I left full keyboard BB's because they were just too bulky and had many problems. When I become eligible for an upgrade I may try one.
    Go in the store and ask to play with one for a bit. It's more natural to get comfortable with than the 7100 was for me. I've had it not 6 hours and I'm tapping away like a pro.

One other thing I forgot to ask. I had a heck of a time trying to get the SIM card out of the back of my 7730's. Is this any easier? I'm asking because I still have an invalid SIM card in the back of my 2nd 7730 and have given up trying to get it out.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

uhmm yes and no lol its easier to get out but harder to get in

faaltoo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B3E82

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I've had no issues with the Sim card going in or out. I love this phone but I like the 71xx form factor better but that's just me.

rjharary no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2038fe53

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    One other thing I forgot to ask. I had a heck of a time trying to get the SIM card out of the back of my 7730's. Is this any easier? I'm asking because I still have an invalid SIM card in the back of my 2nd 7730 and have given up trying to get it out.
    try tweezers, i need them for my 8700

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Sorry for the lame question. What is the EDGE? Is it specific to only the 8700 series?

Quote Originally Posted by faaltoo
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I've had no issues with the Sim card going in or out. I love this phone but I like the 71xx form factor better but that's just me.
    I had no problems putting the SIM card in. The fight, as I mentioned above, came when I had to take it out of the phone.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast