Any suggestions, I remmember seeing something saying that there was an issue with the Vista ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

aciddaze no está en línea Stack level 1

Just installed a couple themes, and my BB is in a constant reboot

Advertisement

Any suggestions, I remmember seeing something saying that there was an issue with the Vista theme. but i can't seem to find it.... Can some one lead me in the right direction?

aciddaze no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Just installed a couple themes, and my BB is in a constant reboot

Is there a hard reset button?

SOTG Gambino no está en línea Stack level 2

If you dont have the 4.2 OS on your phone, then some of the themes will lock up your BB. And no there is not a hard reset button. A battery pull for 30 seconds is the reset. You need to delete the theme(s) and run your desktop software. I would imagine that your computer isnt recognizing your BB? If so, try here

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/5178-how_reinstall_os_when_computer_wont.html

Last edited by SOTG Gambino; 08-10-2007 at 02:44 AM.

skinhead81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    254523AC

but when it's in constant reboot how do you get it to reboot ... and also how do you update the os on the 8700 ???? can't find the os update anywhere
    "Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body"

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

There is a link to the new TMO update on this forum. You can load that up, delete your vendor XML file if need be and go from there. If it's in a constant reboot, pull the battery and then start the os upgrade. Pay attention and replace the battery when the progress indicator states that it's "waiting for device initialization. This will give you a brand new clean os. You will lose all of your data, but I think you have all ready lost it. Everything I have told you has all ready been posted here by people much smarter than I, So try a search if anything I said doesn't make sense, and don't feel bad, I've bricked my BB's many times, it's part of learning.
    Andy