Hi folks, How do i erase IT Policy on my 8700c? I did the following ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

javaman no está en línea Stack level 1

IT Policy issue

Hi folks,
    How do i erase IT Policy on my 8700c?

I did the following and it didn't help?

1. wipe handheld: Security->general settings->wipe.
    2. Used javaloader to wipe with -f option. just cleaned the data but nothing else.
    3. used javaloader to wipe with -a option. restarted the whole thing but again IT policy remained.

it is as if the EPROM is programmed with IT Policy. i doubt it.

anybody have a clue?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: IT Policy issue

I know there are some instructions posted either here or on another Blackberry forum. If you can't find them with a search here, try searching at Blackberry Forums.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro

Doest his help?

Remember that removing an IT policy is only recommended if you have permission from your employer, or if the BB is your personal and is no longer with a company.

reesemachine no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB ( first thing you need to do is download a file called POLICY.BIN , simply copy this text into address box of your browser to download it

if the link is somehow broken let me know and i can e-mail it to you or you can check out the owners site which is at the bottem of this thread. Now when the download box appears it needs to be saved and left the (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry) on your hard drive. Next you need to hit the start button and goto the run option in the start menu and type in REGEDIT and it the enter key. when the registry editor opens go to directory HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager only click the plus sign by the required to get the the correct one. The next step is to Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data. When the box appears copy this text C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin and paste it in the required spot and save it and close the registry and sync your device and it will remove the IT Policy. As mentioned before all of this is a direct quote and can be found at

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

reesemachine, Welcome to PinStack.

Do you have a question about this post?

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles