Hey ya'll...I have the 8703 e and at night when I am trying to sleep ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

East Coast no está en línea Stack level 1

Having an issue with silencing the notification for SMS/Level 1 msgs on 8703 e.

Advertisement

Hey ya'll...I have the 8703 e and at night when I am trying to sleep and don't want to hear the tone when I get an SMS or Level 1 message, I go to Profiles, Edit, select Level 1 Messages, Edit, and then change "Tone" to None. Then, do the same for SMS. Can someone PLEASE tell me why when I get an SMS or a Level 1 Message after silencing the tone my phone vibrates and then goes beep, beep, beep, beep for about 10 seconds, stops, and does it again, after I've changed these settings to NONE? It's driving me absolute BONKERS because I set the tone for these messages to NONE and I'm STILL getting a notification - oh, and just to further confuse the issue, my tone is not even the beeping sound, it's a totally different alert sound so I haven't a CLUE as to what's going on. All I know is that this puppy is waking me up at night!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Having an issue with silencing the notification for SMS/Level 1 msgs on 8703 e.

Have you tried just using the Silent profile?

A battery pull might help if it's not behaving as expected.

The only other thing I can suggest is to be sure that you're editing the active profile and the correct holstered/unholstered setting.

Re: Having an issue with silencing the notification for SMS/Level 1 msgs on 8703 e.

Hmmmm, silent profile? I don't know that I knew there was such a thing....where can I find that?

And, when you say make sure I'm editing the "active" profile, I assumed that I was (but clearly I must not have been - eeek!). When I go to Profiles from the main screen it reads,"Profiles (Phone Only)" . How do I change it to what you are speaking of?

Thank you SOOO much!!!!!

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

I think the silent profile is listed as "Quiet" When you use this one, you still get all messages but no notification. This profile is usually used at night for people that dont want to be awakened at 4 am.

Scroll to the profile you want to use, click the scrollwheel and then click "Enable"

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

You can also try "Off" too. Makes the device appear off ... i.e. no screen lightsups, sms noises, vibrate etc,
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy

I'll try that...thank you VERY much!

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I created a profile called NIGHT. Adjusted the rings and silence as I required. I got tired waking up to spam mail at 2am. Sleep Good!

Excellent suggestion!!! Thanks!

Okay...new issue regarding this subject. (gosh I'm frustrated) I've mastered silencing everything when I go to sleep at night. Now, when I de-activate the silencing feature and I get and SMS, I no longer get notified! I get notifications from everything (phone, tasks, level 1 messages,) EXCEPT for SMS!! When someone sends me an SMS, I no longer get a notification! I used to get SMS notifications, but now that I've been messing with these Profile settings, I obviously messed something up. I've assigned a sound to SMS and it's not happening. ARGH!!! Can someone please please oh pretty please walk me through how to ensure all of my notifications (browser, tasks, calendar, phone, sms, etc.) are ALL active at the same time?

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Even though you set a sound, make sure the tone isn't set to Mute because that will negate the tone.

Hey wxboss. Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, I checked to see if it was set to mute and it's not. Hmmmmmm...

penguin1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    request

You can also set you level one messages and sms volume to mute and leave everything else the same.