Hi All, I'm pretty new here and i've seen a lot of stuff that helped ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

joaquin0306 no está en línea Stack level 2

Is there a way to use my outlook signature to my BB8700

Advertisement

Hi All,

I'm pretty new here and i've seen a lot of stuff that helped me in all my previous blackberry issue that is why I decided to sign-up.

Our company uses a BES incorporated to exchange server. My concern is about the SIGNATURE in BB, What I am currently doing in the signature is, for some users that has the update OS version when I enabled the AUTO SIGNATURE you will have the chance to type in your preferred signature for all your out-going email but for those users who still uses a later version of BB8700g OS they don't have this option.

My question is, does anyone here knows if there's a way that I can get my blackberry to use my signature from my outlook? If this is possible it will be much easier or it really should be done manually in the BB.

thanks in advance
    John

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Is there a way to use my outlook signature to my BB8700

The answer is No - and Yes!

Signatures are not part of Exchange, and so the BES has no access to them, so in that sense, the answer is No, you can't get the user's actual Signature into the BlackBerry.

HOWEVER, if your Exchange Global Address Book has (VERY) clean entries, you can probably script something to extract the relevant data and push it via the BES, so that the generic Signature would be field names like this:
    [First Name] [Last Name]
    [Job Title]
    [Company]
    [Street]
    [City], [State] [Zip]

[Business Phone]
    well, you get the idea!

Of course, you can also just send yourself an email and copy and paste the signature too!
    JerryD

joaquin0306 no está en línea Stack level 2

I see, you really are the Device Expert!!!
    Anyhow, I can always do this through the Desktop Manager right? All I just need is to add signature in the redirector setting (I prefer this way cause I don't have any idea in doing a script to extract their info ).

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Yes, and actually if you're using Outlook / Exchange, you can do it for as many people as you want - and never touch their BlackBerries - if you have their credentials and a network connection to both your Exchange and BES server.

If you set up an Outlook profile for a user, and then start Desktop Manager, and have it set to ask what profile to use, and then point to the profile, it will know what device (PIN) is associated with that email address, at which point you can go into the Email settings and set the device's signature.

I'd be surprised if there's not a way to automate it at the BES though. You may want to search some PDF versions of the manuals and see if anything comes up. You can find that here:
    http://www.blackberry.com/go/docs
    JerryD